Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So far their symptoms are sinus, cough, tiredness and maybe a very low grade fever on and off. My luck will have me on a vent cussing everyone lol. We will be fine thanks

Well shit I could have had it two weeks ago then. Same symptoms, just figured it was some form of kid germs. I was on a high dose of C, Zinc, and Magnesium trying to heal that burn faster. A few days later my wife got it but she was down for about two days but symptomatic for about 4. I got a PCR test the day before going to Ohio to make sure I wasn't carrying but it had been about 5 days since I got over it. My oldest came home from school Wednesday and was fine, about 7 he spiked a 103.7 fever. Standard Tylenol and Motrin brought it down. The next morning that kid woke up fit as a fiddle. How the hell does a kid spike almost a 104 fever then pop back up like Tylenol was Narcan. 😅

I hope the family keeps doing well with it. Any taste or smell issues. I'm reading that isn't very common with Delta.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If this doesn't send up massive red fucking flags with any doctor worth their salt then nothing ever will.

75% of those infected were vaccinated.
80% of those hospitalized were vaccinated.
274 of 347 breakthrough were symptomatic.

But don't worry. The CDC said the data was "insufficient" to draw a conclusion on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

The hell it is. Data is data and that shit doesn't look good. What that looks like to me is a variant that has adapted to circumvent a vaccine, likely as a result of the vaccine. Not only that, it appears to impact the vaccinated worse than the unvaccinated.

Screenshot_20210730-173610_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210730-173821_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210730-173909_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
If this doesn't send up massive red fucking flags with any doctor worth their salt then nothing ever will.

75% of those infected were vaccinated.
80% of those hospitalized were vaccinated.
274 of 347 breakthrough were symptomatic.

But don't worry. The CDC said the data was "insufficient" to draw a conclusion on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

The hell it is. Data is data and that shit doesn't look good. What that looks like to me is a variant that has adapted to circumvent a vaccine, likely as a result of the vaccine. Not only that, it appears to impact the vaccinated worse than the unvaccinated.

View attachment 132094
View attachment 132093

View attachment 132092

Wow that’s strange. We met w two drs earlier this week. They were saying just the opposite. Also on the New Orleans news they claimed the same thing that the drs said. How could this be total opposite from the north?

Joe the wife lost tastes and smell today.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Wow that’s strange. We met w two drs earlier this week. They were saying just the opposite. Also on the New Orleans news they claimed the same thing that the drs said. How could this be total opposite from the north?

The 3,351 new COVID-19 cases recorded in North Carolina July 29 and 3,199 new cases added July 30 mark the most new daily cases in North Carolina since February 25, which had 3,351.

"Nearly 92% of cases and 94% of deaths reported since May 6 have been in people who were not fully vaccinated," said Catie Armstrong, press assistant for the state Department of Health and Human Services. "This is consistent with data from other states showing that current increases are being driven almost entirely by infections in people who are not vaccinated." WTF

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
With the recent increase of Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations due to the spread of the more dangerous Delta variant, health experts and officials expect the surge to worsen as long as large segments of the country remain unvaccinated.

"I think we will see this big, steep acceleration," Dr. Peter Hotez, co-director for the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children's Hospital, said to CNN's Anderson Cooper on Friday. "As bad as things are right now in the South, they are about to get worse for lots of unvaccinated individuals."

Officials in Southern states, where vaccination rates have generally lagged other parts of the country, are working to get the message out. In Florida, Covid-19 cases have jumped 50% over the last week, according to state health data.

In Georgia, the case rate has more than tripled over the last 14-day period, the state Department of Public Health announced Friday as it urged residents to get vaccinated since the Delta variant is more transmissible than earlier Covid-19 strains.

00:30
Alexa Accessibility. For Everyone…
AdAlexa Accessibility
"Unfortunately, we can expect Covid numbers to keep growing. People who are unvaccinated or skip their second dose of vaccine are targets for infection," said Georgia health commissioner Dr. Kathleen E. Toomey.

More Americans may be responding to the crisis, as recent data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows the pace of vaccinations is going up. A seven-day average of more than 418,000 people are initiating vaccination daily, which is the highest daily pace since July 5.

Entering the weekend, 49.5% of Americans of all ages are fully vaccinated, according to CDC data. Nearly 33% of those eligible for vaccination -- those ages 12 and up -- have yet to receive at least one dose.

Mask mandates return for vaccinated and unvaccinated
Due to the increased transmissibility of the Delta variant, officials are preaching for all Americans -- regardless of vaccination status -- to be mindful of their surroundings.

Aerosols containing Covid-19 can travel as easily as the smoke from a cigarette, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said Friday.

"If you want to understand what an aerosol is, just think of somebody smoking," Osterholm told CNN. "If you can smell a cigarette in the location you're at, then you're breathing someone else's air that may have the virus in it."

Osterholm noted that while indoor transmission of the virus is the main challenge, there are examples of Covid-19 being transmitted outdoors, when people were close together for extended periods of time.

Video: Covid-19 cases surge in state with one of the lowest vaccination rates (CNN)

Play Video
Covid-19 cases surge in state with one of the lowest vaccination rates
Because of this, mask mandates are making a return in more cities.

On Friday, the cities of Birmingham, New Orleans, and Louisville each announced plans to reinstitute mask mandates to lower indoor transmission.

"If we take the steps that are necessary to squash the amount of disease that is there now, we can do so in a matter of weeks, if we all get vaccinated, if we wear masks," CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told Fox News on Friday.

The CDC this week changed its guidance on mask usage and advises vaccinated people to resume mask wearing indoors in areas of sustained or high transmission of the virus.

A recent study shows the Delta variant can produce similar amounts of virus in both vaccinated and unvaccinated people, yet real-world data is demonstrating that unvaccinated people are at much higher risk for severe illness.

More than 80% of the US population — about 274 million people — live in a county considered to have "high" or "substantial" Covid-19 transmission, according to a CNN analysis of data published Friday by the CDC.

ICUs are filling up again
As the Delta variant spreads, hospitalizations are accumulating to levels of concern.

Mississippi, which has one of the lowest rates of vaccination among US states, is dealing with a skyrocketing level of Covid-19 patients needing hospitalization.

Data from the Mississippi Department of Health on Friday showed that out of 827 ICU beds statewide, only 107, or approximately 13%, are currently available. All 88 beds in the University of Mississippi Medical Center's intensive care unit, the state's largest, are full.

State Health Officer Thomas Dobbs said Thursday that hospitalizations are beginning to be seen in younger age groups. He pointed to data that shows 88% of hospitalizations are among unvaccinated people, and it is having a "significant spill-over effect to older, vaccinated Mississippians."

In Texas, Austin Public Health says the region is facing the lowest staffed ICU bed capacity since the beginning of the pandemic, with only 16 staffed beds available.

"Our ICU capacity is reaching a critical point where the level of risk to the entire community has significantly increased, and not just to those who are needing treatment for Covid," Austin-Travis County Health Authority Dr. Desmar Walkes said on Friday. "If we fail to come together as a community now, we jeopardize the lives of loved ones who might need critical care."

Throughout the state, several trauma service areas each had less than ten ICU beds available on Friday, according to Texas health data. Some of the areas affected include Amarillo, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Killeen, Waco, Beaumont, and Victoria.

Florida healthcare facilities continue to prepare for the surge, as the AdventHealth Hospital System stopped all non-emergency surgeries and procedures due to high Covid-19 hospitalization.

AdventHealth Central Florida Chief Clinical Officer Dr. Neil Finkler said on Friday that over 90% of the Covid-19 patients currently hospitalized are unvaccinated.

"None of these patients thought they would get the virus, but the Delta variant has proven to be so highly contagious that even the young and the healthy, including pregnant patients, are now starting to fill up our hospitals," Finkler said.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

It's not uncommon for viruses to mutate to circumvent protections. When the CDC declared that vaccinated people should wear masks again the day before yesterday they didn't release their data. There was an immediate public and scientific backlash to release the data to justify the order. So they did yesterday and it's pretty concerning. Not only are breakthrough infections not as rare as they thought, but they're not as harmless as they thought.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well the vaccine is not a true vaccine, It’s the same as a flu shot. Just got off the phone from a friend that has it right now. Said it’s his 3rd time and has logged everything. He said the last 3 times it has been 8 months apart. So I’d say he has a 7 month protection and his antibodies run its course and he was infected after. Everyone’s dna is different and their amount of exposure risk is different. He travels and handles lots of cash through his business from different countries. Who the fuck knows where this will end up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well the vaccine is not a true vaccine, It’s the same as a flu shot. Just got off the phone from a friend that has it right now. Said it’s his 3rd time and has logged everything. He said the last 3 times it has been 8 months apart. So I’d say he has a 7 month protection and his antibodies run its course and he was infected after. Everyone’s dna is different and their amount of exposure risk is different. He travels and handles lots of cash through his business from different countries. Who the fuck knows where this will end up.

That makes sense. Covid-19 is a coronavirus just like the common cold. There are something like 80 circulating variants to the cold. It adapts and changes just like the seasonal flu. I think most people were under the impression that they could get two shots and have lasting immunity like the polio vaccine. Which they may have some lasting immunity to that strain. But like the FLU shot it protects against that strain but next year's strain is totally different. The funny thing is you still have lasting immunity to the strain from a last year and the year before. They're going to have to chase this thing with boosters for a long time. Unfortunately we thought the vaccine prevented transmission and created an immunity barrier and more and more data is showing that's not the case.

Besides taste and smell how is the wife and kid doing? Still mild symptoms? What a cruel symptom for a southern person, loss of taste and smell. 😄.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
That makes sense. Covid-19 is a coronavirus just like the common cold. There are something like 80 circulating variants to the cold. It adapts and changes just like the seasonal flu. I think most people were under the impression that they could get two shots and have lasting immunity like the polio vaccine. Which they may have some lasting immunity to that strain. But like the FLU shot it protects against that strain but next year's strain is totally different. The funny thing is you still have lasting immunity to the strain from a last year and the year before. They're going to have to chase this thing with boosters for a long time. Unfortunately we thought the vaccine prevented transmission and created an immunity barrier and more and more data is showing that's not the case.

Besides taste and smell how is the wife and kid doing? Still mild symptoms? What a cruel symptom for a southern person, loss of taste and smell. 😄.
She still sleeping, still mild symptoms as far as I know. Hunter was outside and I asked him how he was, he said “I feel fine”. Just got off the phone w my buddy that they all have it. Said his son, hunters age, was feeling bad one day. Who knows, I could have it right now w no symptoms, I will go get tested Monday before going to work.