Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Turkey Season

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cole and i went out this morning but the birds didn't play the game.
We did see several jakes and gobblers together out in fields with no hens, no gobbling though.

Attachments

• IMG_2718-1-1.jpg
    IMG_2718-1-1.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2725-1.jpg
    IMG_2725-1.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2728-2.jpg
    IMG_2728-2.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 268

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My hatred for red dots grew immensely last night as it cost Kai a longbeard . Even tho I replaced the batteries a few weeks ago the dot was dim and he couldn't see it well. I turned it off for a few minutes and turned it back on so he could see a dim dot . But at that point a 25 yd shot had turned into a 38 yd shot with alot of added stress . Called the bird from 400 yds across a field . He couldn't hear me at first but I have a old aluminum slate that really reaches out there and got his attention. Pretty frustrating . Tough getting him out when majority of spots I hunt are 45 minutes away . This bird was 25 minutes from the house and was literally the only turkey I've seen on that property .
IMG_20190511_180051208_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I have always hated them too . I'd never have one on my personal gun. The 20 gauge that my son has used the last few years the last few years was given to me by a buddy and came with a red dot on it . I need to get Kai better at shooting a bead.

For a 20 gauge it shoots well . This was at 35 yards .

IMG_20190511_202057433.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have always hated them too . I'd never have one on my personal gun. The 20 gauge that my son has used the last few years the last few years was given to me by a buddy and came with a red dot on it . I need to get Kai better at shooting a bead.

For a 20 gauge it shoots well . This was at 35 yards .

View attachment 78605
Yep put a nice bright bead or fiber optic one on it.

lung buster

hocking county
Not a fan of hunting turks in the eve but i did Friday. Seen and heard nothing.
Addy's team got the 1 seed Saturday and got a later bracket game Sunday so i went at daylight. Called in a hen and heard zero gobbles.
Went this am and bird from last week gobbled on the roost. Moved in close. Worked him for quite awhile and he shut up. I waited and waited and finally had to get to work. Stood up and bumped him and watched him fly to next ridge...WTF. Im always a step behind this old tom. Not sure if im going to win this one but got 6 more days...will try again tomorrow but im running out of patience and vacation time...not sure that I've ever wanted to give one a face full of lead as bad as i want to this bird!