Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Rut Report. What County? Action seen?

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They're going after 'em these past few nights

spypoint.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Both the shooters I saw today were following yearlings. I'm guessing they will be coming into estrous soon. Or the big boys were just ready for some more actions and checking them.

mrbighorns

Medina
Hunted all day yesterday Licking co. Had a nice 10 in the morning, hung up in thick brush- no interest in can. Saw same deer at last light and same scenario, different stand. I was hoping for some more cruising looking for does

Reactions: Sgt Fury

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I should add- 2 shooters in gun range yesterday. Threw grunts, can calls, even tried snort wheeze on each of them. One of them stopped. Then started walking again. The other had no interest. They were on the trails of luke warm young does. I don't think they were quite ready yet.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddy is out in Carroll county and is seeing chasing going on around him. Getting a blow by blow of the action 🦌👍🏼

Stressless

Keene, OH
Secondary rut for some yearlings that break out and some does that spilled thru the breeding craze in Nov. Peak breeding is 11 Nov, per fawn drop so 28 days later, 9 Dec in our part of the woods so anywhere a week either side of that.

Jeff - reviews the wave tops for this phase. Foot Stomp -> "Unpressured _______".

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Bowkills

Nw oh
I don't get to see any of the second phase as Almost all landscape gets hammered hard all week. There will be groups of 40 to 50 deer in a few sanctuary wood lots by weeks end where bucks still get frisky.

Reactions: Steelheadtracker

Bowkills

Nw oh
Scrap that last comment. Viewing from 3/4 a mile away. My new assumption is hot doe fawn mature buck locked on her. Momma and other fawn wondering what's going on. He won't let momma near but it's not a hair raised sideways step with another buck. Going to varify.

Reactions: giles