Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Rut Report. What County? Conditions?

Bowkills

Nw oh
Well it ended just like it started. I don’t think it ever really happened 🤷‍♂️🤣 Missed it again 2021. Thanks y’all. Good luck next week. Be careful! 🦌
I saw a locked down situation taking kids to school today damn near n someones yard n a picked cornfield a buck had a doe pinned pretty much n the yard. fawns will b coming in soon if not already. Alot of bucks will b chasing opening day of gun season...happens every year

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had zero chasing Saturday. Two bucks hanging around together. Or. . .maybe they were gay? Not sure.

That said, last few days of Oct and first few days of Nov were wild and crazy chasing here. I suspect the second rut will be kicking in around gun season as mentioned above.

Reagan

Milford, OH
I saw two mature bucks in Jackson county last Saturday. First at 12:20 and the second at 12:40. They came from opposite directions and as usual I didn’t kill either.

it was a very slow day up till then.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Happen to hear about this one yet? Supposedly happened yesterday but I haven't confirmed that either so. I just found out about it a couple hours ago, and not far from my neck of the woods either.

signal-2021-11-23-22-51-10-000.jpg

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Got out for a few hours this evening. A big fat ass 6 point...looked like a long horn...came full trot down the hill towards me but 50 yards out. He was on a mission. He stopped and smelled the air for 30 seconds and took off.

Reactions: Concordmeadowsfarm