Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

mrbighorns

Medina
Congrats to all the successful hunters. Made it out yesterday for the 1st time, heard gobbling and hens until 6:35 then went totally silent. At 9:30 had one gobble not far from me but right behind. Scared the crap out of me. Tried the slow turn move but a hen picked me up and they bolted. Fun day to be out though.

Hunter II

Tagged out!

Attachments

• 3C5761B5-183F-4FB1-B9DC-7BE4D4A52CF3.jpeg
    3C5761B5-183F-4FB1-B9DC-7BE4D4A52CF3.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 103

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I heard a thunder gobble late yesterday evening where I killed the bird last week. I went to the same tree to start, hoping to adjust to a more favorable position. Nope, he was right where I wanted to be. He gobbled his fool head off until 6:50 when he finally jumped down. After that he only gobbled at aggressive calling.... still at the base of his roost tree. Less than 100 yards the whole time. Last gobble was 7:45. With rain moving in and I start nights...... we will play another day.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Working nights. Woke up at 9:15. Made breakfast. Walked out on back porch and heard a gobble. Took a while to get set up on him. Called him into less than 100. Gobbling like mad. Would never commit. Probably could have ambushed him if I wanted to but tried the calling method. We will play again another day.
Heard some other birds in the distance. My grand daughter said she heard gobbling just now.

Big Weff

Athens
Congrats to all who have gotten it done or really just anybody who’s gotten to enjoy the season! Second time out this morning, got to my listening spot and let out the old crow call to no avail. Parked my ass right there and started calling, I got a response about 10 minutes later so I made a move on that bird. The way the hills roll out here sound carries in an odd way. Long story short I hiked about 500 yards the wrong way, got turned around and headed in the right direction and shot him around 8:30. He talked to me all morning which is always nice🤘🏻
E1DABDFB-31A2-43B5-9012-39FBEE80DD21.jpeg