Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2023 shrooms!

Sauger

Warsaw
My fault, that is not COW. I looked at the picture without opening it. I don't know what it is but it's not the good eating kind. COW are more defined and to me look kinda like feathers at a glance.

Attachments

• th.jpeg.jpg
    th.jpeg.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 65

Bowkills

Nw oh
Hopefully we get more rains to help the summer fungi ....day or two forage off work july would do the soul wonders.

Jamie

Ohio
Checked a couple of my good spots one week ago and found nothing. Went back to same spots today. Lots Chants coming up, but they are just getting started and are pretty small. Found enough worth bending down for for a couple of meals. 1 lb 15oz worth to be exact. Will only get better now. Game on! 😀

IMG_4121.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
cool looking mushroom. I have no idea what those are, though.

I know what these are. :) Did a little better than last week, but not by much. Saw a lot more Chanterelles up than a week ago, and some decent size ones today. Looking very good for the next few weeks.

IMG_4133.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20230723_101410.jpg

Lower left is around the brush pile that's getting ready for 🔥

Mowed yesterday and these popped up overnight. IDK what they are, but I'm sure there are plenty more out there in the yard today. Wife will have to go figure them out. She's into them much more than I.

Bluefinn

Portage Co.
A buddy sent me a pic last week of a bsp that grew in his yard where a maple tree use to be. He was all excited about the hen he found. He ate some of it & said it was the worse tasting hen he ever had. We had a good laugh over it & he made jerky with the rest of it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
looks like they are growing in the soil. I think BSP only grows on wood. I've only ever seen BSP on old dead stumps. It does look like a polypore mushroom, but I have no idea what it could be. I only know the easy ones.
Just checked out the big white oak stump where I found a cluster of fungus a few years ago that you suggested to being BSP and it’s back again and has spread out onto the soil a pretty fair distance.

IMG_0006.jpeg