Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2023 shrooms!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_8329.jpeg

Bluefinn

Portage Co.
Along with the chants I'm seeing a lot of these yellow ones. I'm trying to ID them. Maybe a lactarious type. I need to look at them more closely & do a spore print & see if they ooze any lactose. Are you guys seeing them or know what they are?

Attachments

• 20230727_113613.jpg
    20230727_113613.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230724_131138.jpg
    20230724_131138.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 78

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Along with the chants I'm seeing a lot of these yellow ones. I'm trying to ID them. Maybe a lactarious type. I need to look at them more closely & do a spore print & see if they ooze any lactose. Are you guys seeing them or know what they are?
@Mike and I found some and I'D them on Google image search. They weren't poisonous but weren't a choice edible iirc

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jamie

Ohio
Pretty nice day to be in the woods today. My best spot producing again. There are not as many as this time last year, but the more I look, the more it seems they are just now getting going good in my spots. We got some really nice big meaty Chanterelles today. Some small wimpy ones, too.

IMG_4145.jpg

This is about half of what is in the buckets and box. I'm tired of cleaning mushrooms for today. Good kind of tired. :D
IMG_4147.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
Rick, the smaller one in this pic is about the biggest we got last week, and maybe just a little smaller than an average Chanterelle. The one on the right is demonstrative of how big they can get. We got some jumbo's today. Teaspoon in pic for size reference.

IMG_4146.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
Went to a different honey hole today. We found some nice size Chant's, but they were all a little pale in color and beginning to get dry around the edges. Did not get half of what I got there in one trip last year at this time. Shaping up to be not as good this year. We need some serious rain in central Ohio very soon or I don't think there will be much more Chanterelles up around here. We also found some really nice fresh Chickens as a welcome bonus. Fried chicken of the woods for dinner tonight with a side of sauteed Chanterelles. :D

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

14 pints I canned yesterday from what we gathered on Monday at the top of pic.