Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alabama Fan Poisons 130 Year Old Oak Tree

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Not sure but it must have been a lot, I heard that they are worried about the vegetation on the whole block! :eek:

It would still be tough to tell right now though wouldn't it? Wouldn't it take some time before mature tree like that starts to show signs of dieing?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I keep telling you guys the SEC takes their football seriously... Especially Auburn vs Alabama. But this is taking it too far. My family has always been split Auburn / Alabama.. So much so that when you team loses you have to wear the other teams shirts for a week after the game....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I keep telling you guys the SEC takes their football seriously... Especially Auburn vs Alabama. But this is taking it too far. My family has always been split Auburn / Alabama.. So much so that when you team loses you have to wear the other teams shirts for a week after the game....

I guess they are serious, I've seen discussions about whether or not the Auburn/Alabama is as intense of a rival as OSU/Michigan, i'm starting to think so, dang!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I guess they are serious, I've seen discussions about whether or not the Auburn/Alabama is as intense of a rival as OSU/Michigan, i'm starting to think so, dang!

Dude. The OSU / Michigan game is a scrimmage compared to the Alabama / Auburn rivalry. Hell the LSU / FL, or Alabama / LSU, or Ole Miss / MS State games are a bigger rivalry.. Shit.. Every SEC game is a big ass rivalry. But in state ones are HUGE..

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Dude. The OSU / Michigan game is a scrimmage compared to the Alabama / Auburn rivalry. Hell the LSU / FL, or Alabama / LSU, or Ole Miss / MS State games are a bigger rivalry.. Shit.. Every SEC game is a big ass rivalry. But in state ones are HUGE..

They sure bring the fan base and the energy that's for sure!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Really? Where is the HBO special? Don't get me wrong those rivalries are great but they are no Michigan/Ohio State. Dang SEC fans....scrimmage pfft.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Really? Where is the HBO special? Don't get me wrong those rivalries are great but they are no Michigan/Ohio State. Dang SEC fans....scrimmage pfft.

Beentown

Believe what you wish... But trust me.. I've been here 6 years.. The OSU - Michigan game is peanuts compared to the Alabama - Auburn Game.

Look at what they said about the Bama - Auburn game..

1. Alabama vs Auburn
Series Record: Alabama leads 38-33-1
Trophy: Omicron Delta Kappa-James E. Foy V Sportsmanship Trophy

This college football rivalry is number one as the fire, passion and hate between the two schools is unlike any other. This game literally stops a state. The teams didn't play from 1907 to 1948 because after the 1907 game, they couldn’t decide which referees to use. The trophy for this game isn't as important as the ownership of the state that comes with a win.
http://www.americasbestonline.net/index.php/pages/collegefootballrivilries.html

1. Alabama vs Auburn @ Fox Sports
They've played this game off and on since 1893 — continuously since 1948 — and 2010 will mark the 75th meeting between these two teams. Alabama holds a 40-33-1 overall record, but Auburn has won seven of the last 10 contests. The Iron Bowl has been closely contested recently — in the last seven years, only two games have had double-digit margins of victory. Auburn and Alabama together have represented the SEC West in 10 of the 18 SEC Championships (and Auburn will make it 11 of 19 later this year), which means this is a truly great rivalry that can back up all the hype behind it. Grade: A+
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...e=Auburn vs. Alabama (Nov. 26)&photo=21994572

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio

That's pure fanhood at its best!!!

HOMER!!!

rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's pure TRUTH at its best!!!

HOMER!!!

rotflmao

Thanks. I know it might be hard to believe being an Ohio native.. But until you've lived in both states and seen the results on the state itself from both games.. Alabama / Auburn winds hands down..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Since you live in Ohio, have you embraced being a Buckeye and joined Buckeye Nation?

No...

Nor I have embraced Alabama/Auburn. Therefore, we're both homers and both stances are purely opinion. Hence me finding the humor in your definitive statement and "proof" of reality!!! :D

In all honesty, it'd be boring if you were on my side of the fence. You make me laugh when it comes to college football!!! rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Since you live in Ohio, have you embraced being a Buckeye and joined Buckeye Nation?

No...

Nor I have embraced Alabama/Auburn. Therefore, we're both homers and both stances are purely opinion. Hence me finding the humor in your definitive statement and "proof" of reality!!! :D

In all honesty, it'd be boring if you were on my side of the fence. You make me laugh when it comes to college football!!! rotflmao

I don't need to embrace anything to see what a single game does to a state.. The Auburn / Alabama game is FAR more intense on the state and fans than the Michigan / OSU game. As Said it literally divides the state, families, and friends, on an almost hostile level... Hell, I think Alabama fans get more riled up over the Al - LSU game than yall do about Michigan.. That's not embracing either side.. Just the cold hard seen it, lived it facts... The Iron Bowl is not the Last game of the season, it is the FIRST game of the next season.. And it will matter for the next 365 days.. Unlike here where it is almost forgotten now.. It literally decides who is king and who is shit for the entire next year, friends and families, etc have been lost over 1 simple game.. Here they joke about "I don't like him, because he's a Michigan fan lol".. I have seen families DISOWN people for being a Auburn fan. I have seen families refuse to talk to a new son in law and almost disown their daughter for that simple fact. I have seen family reunions BAN wearing Alabama / Auburn shirts to the reunion. Sports stores that sell shirts etc keep them apart so shit talking and fights don't start between people looking at shirts.

And now Someone poisons numerous 150 year old trees...

The day some Michigan fan drives down and poisons some buckeye trees down around the stadium.. Lets talk..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The last 6 years have not done the rivalry justice. So if that is your reference then it is jaded. If you explained different above...my apologies. I am skimming tonight trying to get stuff done.

Beentown

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Where the hell is Alabama anyways? Anyone besides Jack ever been there?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Until you burn couches in the streets you have no sense of rivalry. Try being in Morgantown when they beat Marshall or in Akron when they beat Kent and every couch from the local goodwill is set ablaze. Now that is a rivalry!!! Lmao!!!

epe

Lancaster
Unemployed and everything.. Roll Damn tide! Last six years there has not been a rivalry...

sent from my HTC evo