Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baseball Journal

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Klay's team lost their first game today. They are now 11-1.
He had a couple hits, but they lost 11-9.

He pitched the last 3 innings. The other team got some runs off of him. But, all you can do is tip your hat when your throwing strikes and they're hitting the ball. They were hot today at the plate. That's baseball.

It was humbling for Klay on the mound. Sometimes that's good for a kid. He kept battling and never let it get to him. That's the positive outlook.

Now a break until Kody's game this evening.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Klay's team lost their first game today. They are now 11-1.
He had a couple hits, but they lost 11-9.

He pitched the last 3 innings. The other team got some runs off of him. But, all you can do is tip your hat when your throwing strikes and they're hitting the ball. They were hot today at the plate. That's baseball.

It was humbling for Klay on the mound. Sometimes that's good for a kid. He kept battling and never let it get to him. That's the positive outlook.

Now a break until Kody's game this evening.

IMO the hardest thing for a pitcher to come to grips with is the fact that sometimes, no matter how good your stuff is, the hitters are still going to make you pay. It's funny really... The memories of my stellar outings on the hill are foggy at best, but the times when the other team hit everything I threw at them and made me want to scream are as vivid as it gets. It's impressive that Klay already shows his ability to keep a cool head out there. That's serious maturity right there...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Our season finshed up Saturday, we lost a couple of close ones by 1 run. We played well at times, and not so well at times, but all in all I really enjoyed being around these boys. I was really impressed with Jesse's willingness to help out and spend as much time with the boys as I did when he doesn't even have a kid yet. Kuddo's to you Jesse, thanks for all your help.

Here is a team pic!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I forgot to update Kody's game from Saturday evening. His team won again and he was 2-3 with 4 RBI. He snacked another double to LC to drive in two and singled into shallow RC to drive in another. His last RBI came on a groundout to first.

Buckmaster

Portage
Saturday the girls lost another one to an older team 21-8. Overall our girls (Grades 1-2) played well versus their elders (Grades 3-4). Our record is now 2-3.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Lol, the little dude in front of Jesse says, I'm ready!

That would be Jessie's boy David! When we first started our practices this kid stood on 2nd and kept saying "I hate baseball", Saturday he hit a hell of a shot over the shortstops head for a double that would have been a homer for just about any other kid.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't follow baseball like most of you guys but I still like it though, just not as much as football. You guys who coach these little fellas deserve alot of credit! Great job and congratulations on being a mentor and teaching those young boys a great American game.
Incidently, my wife and I went to the Reds game last night which happened to be the game of the week. The Reds were taking on the Detriot Tigers and Votto was on a hitting streak of 15 games I think. Anyway, his streak came to a halt last night and here is a pic of his last at bat. I was hoping this pic ended up being the hit but it wasn't.

Here is another pic of Prince Fielder on deck. During the start of the 8th inning a girl came out and sang "God Bless America". He was the only player on the field. Standing between 2nd and the pitchers mound with his cap off over his chest. Pretty cool scene. I wish I was thinking and took that pic.

Even though the Reds lost 7-6 we still had a great time!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Klay just asked me yesterday if we could go to a Reds game. He didn't realize how far we are from Cinci. Someday when he's older we will be making some serious roadtrips.
My goals was to hit either Cinci, Detroit, Philly, or Baltimore this year but it's not looking good. I figure anything 5 hours or less is doable, but time is a factor.

Schu72

Streetsboro
The boys won in another blowout tonight. They are now 9-2 with three games left before the tournament. The team really looked good tonight. Ethan did drop one fly ball, but made another great catch as he and two of his teammates all collided at shallow second base. Ethan emerged from the pile of players with the ball in his glove, doing a little fist pump.:smiley_coolpeace:

lung buster

hocking county
My wife and I have been coaching our daughters t-ball team this year and they won a tourny game 27-2 against a boy's team last night. They showed up ready to play and were all business! Very proud of the group. Next up for them is the championship game Weds. My son also had a tourny game and his team won 17-0. He plays again Thurs! It's been a fun but long season and I'm going to hate seeing it end!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We played another solid game this weekend against one of the new teams in the league that were getting a little TOO big for their britches, so it was nice to send a message. We are swinging the bats well and our pitching is outstanding right now. We struck out 15 batters in 7 innings, with the last 6 outs being strike outs. I went 1-3 with an HBP that left a major bruise! I had a double, a line drive to third, and a swinging for the fences K in the 6th. Figured with a 10-2 lead and a short porch, why not swing for 'em!!! I also threw out the first person attempting to steal this year. Overall, we are looking poised to repeat this year!

Season Stats

PA: 11
AB: 6
H: 3
2B: 1
HR: 1
RBI: 4
Runs Scored: 5

K: 2
BB: 4
HBP: 1

BA: .500
OBP: .727
Slugging: 1.16

Runners attempting to steal: 1
Runners thrown out stealing: 1

Team Record: 2-1

Runs Scored: 21
Runs Scored Against:14

Buckmaster

Portage
Klay just asked me yesterday if we could go to a Reds game. He didn't realize how far we are from Cinci. Someday when he's older we will be making some serious roadtrips.
My goals was to hit either Cinci, Detroit, Philly, or Baltimore this year but it's not looking good. I figure anything 5 hours or less is doable, but time is a factor.

My buddy just completed all the major league parks last year. He said it took him over 8,000 miles in his car plus some flights.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My buddy just completed all the major league parks last year. He said it took him over 8,000 miles in his car plus some flights.

Dang, that's cool. I'll probably never get to do thyat, but I'm gonna try to at least hit all of the NL Central parks and some AL Central parks. Anything after that will be icing on the cake.

After I posted last night I got on stubhub for tickets to the Pirates at Baltimore today. I found some cheap seats and told my wife me and the boys were making a roadtrip. Well... I'm still in Ohio so you can tell how that went. She threw the truck leveling up in my face. Damn! She hammered me with the trump card.
Then reality set in. Baltimore is only 5 hours, but not including the tickets I'd have $200 in gas and at least $100 in a hotel room. I hate it when women are right.