Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Better pictures of big sheds with the original buck

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I took the mount down off the wall and got some better pictures with the deer and the shed antlers side by side.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I took Finelyshedded's advice and ran the antler through the dishwasher......it cleaned it up pretty well! There is still a little green on it a couple places, but it's going to get re-stained and sealed at the taxidermists anyhow, I will let him do the finish work on it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Amazing find.

Shows what an extra year will do too...

Extremely impressive - you should submit that story to F&S or someone like that....again, amazing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amazing find.

Shows what an extra year will do too...

Extremely impressive - you should submit that story to F&S or someone like that....again, amazing.

That is a good point Dan. Chad if you need some help writing up the story I would be willing to assist you. I will do the final edit for you if you would like. This way I can erase your name and insert mine where I see fit! hahahahahaha

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I am still trying to get the 2nd set of sheds......then I will have a good story. Until I get those, I won't be satisfied. I am really grateful that I was able to get the first set though. But I have seen and held the other 2 and they are in almost perfect condition, I would give both nuts to have them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would give both nuts to have them.

Might as well. Not like they are doing anything. I would be a little nervous if that is what he wanted to trade you for the sheds though. :smiley_crocodile:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Might as well. Not like they are doing anything. I would be a little nervous if that is what he wanted to trade you for the sheds though. :smiley_crocodile:

Well, I would trade a vat of baby batter for them thenlmao just won't tell them I got fixed! They aren't doing anything else, that's for sure.....I've been married over 10 years.

I'm going to offer one of the guys some cold hard $$$$ today and see what happens. I even have a real nice gun I would trade for it.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
rotflmao

Thought you would get a laugh out of that! Good luck with the next set. Offer is still out there to help you on editing your story. I will only make minor changes as needed (like inserting my name in there under the mount). :smiley_crocodile: