Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote Snaring 2014

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
:smiley_clap: I give you credit Brian.....Yote Master Brian that is.....I have a good feeling I know what that gator felt like today.......You got it bad to be riding around in this weather! rotflmao And that's not a bad thing!

It beats walking in it! I take my ranger TOO check snares, just bundle up! How do you set your kill poles boarhead? Do they ever pull the rebar out?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am still using my pogo stakes and just setting the rebar off the trail so they get wrapped up and don't mess the trail up that way I can do a quick reset in the same spot.You can use your kill post as your snare holder and have your snare set high on the post for quicker choke outs. I just prefer to off set and use a small tree limb as my snare holder as it just looks more natural and don't have to haul a bunch of wire holders around and besides their are plenty of tree limbs out there for free.LOL

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[2] (17).jpgsecuredownload[3] (3).jpgLots of snow out there today all the way up to the bottom or over my snares fixed some up today and will get a few more done tomorrow.Did see some fresh beaver sign along the creek at our farm and might have to take a closer look at that next week looks like they gave up on the one big tree.LOL Well hope the yotes get up and start looking for food as all this snow should make them look a little harder.Still have the other farm I bowhunt on that I will get some snares set in February.Not seeing a lot of yote tracks on the family farm which is a good thing as I have hit them pretty hard the last 5 years so it must be helping and I caught a lot of female yotes there last season.

Ricer2231

Ya better get some snares set for them beaver TOO. This brutal cold we got coming should fire them up. Maybe they will work their way back around to your neck of the woods here soon.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Has been very slow on the snare line the last few days.My buddy and I drove all around two farms today and only saw one set of yote tracks.Must be elsewhere hunting right now or moved out for awhile since I caught several of them.Will go next week and set some on my other farm where we went and checked yesterday and saw several tracks in the snow.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[5] (2).jpgphpELQmYzAM.jpgCaught this small female today and pulled a few snares off of this farm and will be setting some next week on my main bowhunting farm.Have seen several tracks there and want to take some yotes off of that farm also.Nice to catch another female as that will make less pups born this spring.