Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason, 2017

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, where's the time gone? Mason behind the wheel???? Good luck buddy, I foresee more grey hair coming your way lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Don't get too excited yet, J. He just turned 14. He was just driving my truck off road a little. Apparently it's easier to drive than the tractors, four wheelers and gator he is accustomed to. Hopefully he will be a good driver once he does get a license! lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't get too excited yet, J. He just turned 14. He was just driving my truck off road a little. Apparently it's easier to drive than the tractors, four wheelers and gator he is accustomed to. Hopefully he will be a good driver once he does get a license! lol

Wow, good too hear he isn't license age yet lol... Would make me wonder where the time went lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We've been fishing a lot lately. I am not looking forward to trading rods for guns and bows. We have one cam out. Probably a dozen different bucks and not a good one in the group.
We did squirrel hunt this afternoon. That was enjoyable. Only killed one, not much of a mess.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 299

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Eh. The switch will flip to deer mode when it is time. Enjoy the fishing and squirrel hunting.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff Brock, I'm mostly gettin stuff done so I can relax and concentrate more on hunting and family when my vacation time gets here. It will not be long before we all are telling hunting season to slow down cuz once it starts it passes by quickly.lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason has been hunting several times. He has seen some does. We don't have anything on camera at this point that makes me want to hunt. A week into season and I haven't bought a tag. Weird. I plan to go fishing the next two weekends, but I'm going to try putting up a stand tomorrow that I'll probably hunt a lot after Halloween. I hope by staying out of the stand I'll enjoy my time in it more when I do decide to go.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Scratch that plan. I'll be buying a tag soon. Hung two stands today. The fever is coming.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I were hanging w the landowner in his barn today. He has a big collection of sheds and deadheads. Mason spied one amongst them from 20 feet. He recognized it immediately. It's one we saw last year and hope to see this year with a little bigger set of horns. I was really surprised he knew that deer f I'm just a glance. Here he was last year.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 333