Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Creamer

Athens
I can only speak to the app, I use three of the Cell Link's from SpyPoint. I've had really good luck with them. The app has been good. I am completely spoiled on cell stuff. I have two non-cellular cameras out right now and it drives me nuts that I'm actually going to have to go check them. First world problems. lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
i need to try the better SD try. I have 2 that work and one that doesn’t.

I’ll say best way to get a response from them is their online chat function. They actually respond!!
I did and you're correct, they are quick to respond. Problem was I knew more about brain surgery than the person helping knew about trail cams. He was working off a script, which I'd already exhausted, so he didn't have a clue how to troubleshoot at the doctoral level and that's what I needed. It was clearly a firmware issue as I'd done every other step possible to combat the issue, but the firmware fixed it.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I did and you're correct, they are quick to respond. Problem was I knew more about brain surgery than the person helping knew about trail cams. He was working off a script, which I'd already exhausted, so he didn't have a clue how to troubleshoot at the doctoral level and that's what I needed. It was clearly a firmware issue as I'd done every other step possible to combat the issue, but the firmware fixed it.

You know who used to be good, was Trailcamerapro.com - they had a guy there that was fantastic, the name was John. After he left, their customer service was never the same, but MAN that guy was good.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Quick update on the spypoint micro link cell cam after only 2 days running it. Very impressed with it so far. Here are a few pictures just from today. 3 different bucks and 3 different does...and

Check out the size of this yote!...

Screenshot_20211216-064739_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20211216-194207_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20211216-194226_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20211216-113032_SPYPOINT.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
So I wanted to share that today I did a "long format" on a micro SD and it fixed the issues I was having. It took a while to fix the SD and to complete the format but after doing so and installing the new firmware, the camera worked well.

A long format is basically just following the normal format process, then making sure the "quick format" box is unchecked.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Got an email that if you have a AT&T or t-mobile SPYPOINT they will stop communicating with the app in the near future due to the 3g phase out..They are offering at promotion of $69 for those affected…..

Login here to check if your device is affected….

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, I'm kinda worried about that with all my cells. I did get a notification from Stealthcam & was able to do an update. I haven't received any notice from Spypoint or Moultrie , Tactacam . I have a Reveal solar arriving today.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got an email that if you have a AT&T or t-mobile SPYPOINT they will stop communicating with the app in the near future due to the 3g phase out..They are offering at promotion of $69 for those affected…..

Login here to check if your device is affected….

Was wondering why some of those cameras were marked down so much….