Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chokes

Huckleberry Finn

Will do. Not honestly sure that any of my shotguns have screw in chokes though. Only one that does is not exactly what I would carry into the field to throw in the mud and weeds to coyote hunt with. Maybe just see how the patterns hold at different yardages with different loads is my only real option. If this doesn't work, then I will just stick with the sidearm for my close range piece. Then again, the AR is not bad whether they are near or far. lol

Several years ago I thought the same thing and made my first post on a hunting website. A fella named Geezer told me to make sure my gun was unloaded and then stick a quarter onto the end of the barrel and twist it... (870 bird barrel)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wingmasters are in the 70's vintage. Bolt action 20g is not screw in. Slug gun is not gonna work. Outside of that, I am NOT taking my o/u out in the field to throw into the mud and weeds while coyote hunting. I will have to double check the older Winchester I have. It might have screw in chokes but I am thinking not. Can't even remember the model on it but it is the longest barrel i think. Not such a quick and easy shotgun to swing around for close range shooting when you are sitting on the ground. I will check them all though. thanks for the offer 57!