Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

1629478699268.png

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cold shot today was with broadhead at 20 yards then followed up with 2 shots at 25 yards. The poor front leg has taken some hits from some missiles I have launched lol! My comfort zone for hunting seems to be at 30 and under but hell none of my kills have been passed 22 yards most were 14 to 18.Those will do nicely now I need to start climbing my ass up the treestand in the backyard and getting busy.
20210821_123011.jpg
20210821_123347.jpg

OO2

In the Uplands
Cold shot today was with broadhead at 20 yards then followed up with 2 shots at 25 yards. The poor front leg has taken some hits from some missiles I have launched lol! My comfort zone for hunting seems to be at 30 and under but hell none of my kills have been passed 22 yards most were 14 to 18.Those will do nicely now I need to start climbing my ass up the treestand in the backyard and getting busy.View attachment 133637View attachment 133638
That front leg looks like you’ve had me over to shoot

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I haven’t shot for a couple days now. That swelled up knee kept me off the range. But I’m feeling better and will probably launch some tomorrow. With my new to me shooting style, I feel pretty confident that first arrow will go pretty much where I want it. That’s nice because in years past, sometimes I just didn’t know how things would go from one day to the next.

Creamer

Athens
I pulled out the China Snake on Saturday for the cold shot. This was from about 18. Still (im)patiently waiting on the 45lb limbs I ordered. Tracking said they should have arrived on Friday and they did not.

Yesterday's cold shot was a bit different.

Creamer

Athens
Yesterday's cold arrow, 30 yards. I won't claim a center bull, but it was close.

Right after that happened, I had a bounce-out on the bag. I made a good shot, hit the burnt out spot in the middle of the deer's vitals, and the arrow popped right back out.

Time to give the range bag a stomping.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
6F0CDB5E-6401-4979-8F8E-5A91CE933242.jpeg

Yesterday and the day before were both “off” days for me. I shot well enough to kill a deer but my arrows just didn’t want to go where I wanted. I spent my down time since consider why. At some point it came to me so I was anxious to get a few arrows in the target. I just came in after a short session in the back yard and it appears I managed to sort the issue out.
This is the first three arrows of the day launched from about 20 yards. I continued shooting for half hour or so out to a shade over 30 yards and all my shots were similar to those pictured. Made me pretty happy to have been able to think my way through that. Sometimes you might just be better off to set down the bow and think yourself through the process vs trying to shoot your way out of a jam.