Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is why I've never hunted with a stick bow. As much as I respect the hell out of you guys for doing it the hard way, it's only mildly appealing to me beyond just dicking off. I'm addicted to the pursuit of perfection, which is something I feel a compound offers me that I simply don't get in the same way with a stick bow. 40 yards is roughly my limit for hunting. This is the first shot of the night and done with a self-induced elevated heart rate.

Everyone has that thing about archery that attracts them to it. For me, stacking shafts at 40, 50, 60 yards is what gets my rocks off. I fully expect that to change someday, however, and that's why I treasure that gift for Mully. I owe him a kill and it'll happen one day.

20180830_190612.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lucky sight adjustment out of the gate! I'm almost done sighting back in. September will be all about the reps now that the equipment is in order.

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
This is why I've never hunted with a stick bow. As much as I respect the hell out of you guys for doing it the hard way, it's only mildly appealing to me beyond just dicking off. I'm addicted to the pursuit of perfection, which is something I feel a compound offers me that I simply don't get in the same way with a stick bow. 40 yards is roughly my limit for hunting. This is the first shot of the night and done with a self-induced elevated heart rate.

Everyone has that thing about archery that attracts them to it. For me, stacking shafts at 40, 50, 60 yards is what gets my rocks off. I fully expect that to change someday, however, and that's why I treasure that gift for Mully. I owe him a kill and it'll happen one day.

View attachment 63977

To play devils advocate, one could argue toying with the traditional stuff is the pursuit of perfection trying to find the perfect fit and form for everything. 😎

OO2

In the Uplands
That is also true. To some. Which is why I say "perception is reality". With new experiences and knowledge, come new perspectives. Rarely is any one more right, or wrong, than the other when talking subjective "truths".

🍻

Absolutely! Wasn’t trying to argue one way or the other!

Chass

The Hills
I've been thinking about getting one of the smaller block style targets you see guys hang up to shoot. Put that on a clothesline that way I can be lazy and only have to walk around when I suck and miss. So I'll still get plenty of excercise, cause I suck.

Chass

The Hills
So I met a guy last night that had a Black Widow shirt on...because of you guys, I actually had a conversation about stick bows. And I understood most of what he was saying!

Keep chatting fellas, I guess I’m retaining something.
Love looking at their catelogs. They make some fine looking bows, no idea how they shoot since can't afford to touch one but they look great.

Chass

The Hills
Bow shooting, clay pigeons, rifle range, fishing poles and sitting around the campfire....

Oh and some good food, lots of good food...

Did I mention lots of good food?

Because there’s lots of good food....
You got me at clay pigeons.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You got me at clay pigeons.

Hopefully you shoot better then what I saw of this the last time we were there.... 😂😂😂😂

The get together is usually August timeframe, make plans to go for at least the day if not the weekend.... You won’t regret it...