Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

OO2

In the Uplands
Haven’t been shooting as much as I should. Today’s cold shot from about 20 yards elevated. A bit high and back
8C4E314D-7CC8-4EB3-B3DA-D5EA08700281.jpeg
0C64A9D8-89E5-4802-8080-443D1A57298D.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ve been shooting every day. Shot last night until after midnight. Just came in from an hour of shooting after work tonight. It’s a solid way to deal with aggravation. I’ve shot a million arrows over the years to ease my mind. I’m shooting really well too. 😁

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I’ve been shooting every day. Shot last night until after midnight. Just came in from an hour of shooting after work tonight. It’s a solid way to deal with aggravation. I’ve shot a million arrows over the years to ease my mind. I’m shooting really well too. 😁

So, this might be a dumb question.....but how do you shoot so late into the evening? Do you have lights setup that give you enough light to shoot or are you shooting inside a barn?

I need a setup that allows me to shoot later, especially this time of year when it is dark by time I get off work!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So, this might be a dumb question.....but how do you shoot so late into the evening? Do you have lights setup that give you enough light to shoot or are you shooting inside a barn?

I need a setup that allows me to shoot later, especially this time of year when it is dark by time I get off work!
I have lights. We plan to put up another pole barn, 90’ long, for indoor shooting.

Creamer

Athens
I've been tweaking a couple of minor things the past two days. I had been shooting the bow nearly vertical, but I'm putting some cant back in. Not a lot, just a little. I do like having my eye a little more over the arrow. What I am getting used to is that my draw cycle feels different from vertical to cant. I've been really consistent with the cant, and I think it will stick, but I need to get used to a slightly different draw feel.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looking great Jeff!
I’ve been shooting daily. Lots of arrows launched. Yesterday was the first day in months that I did not shoot my recurve. That was only because I put new ropes on my compound and wanted to get it dialed in.
My buddy Steve and I have been doing a lot of 3D shoots. Steve was the first guy I met when I was a kid that still shot recurve bows. I bugged him to go to a 3 D shoot back in early January and we have missed just one weekend since. He rode with me up to Morrison’s this weekend to look at what they had to offer in super curve carbon limbs and ILF risers. Nice gear, but not nice enough to make me switch just yet.
I shot my personal best score at Apache the other day, 294 and Steve shot a 272. I’d really like to shoot 300s regularly, but honestly, I just have to shoot better than Steve to be happy. 😁

Creamer

Athens
I've got to be one of the slower arrow fletchers out there. They get done eventually. I love the trad vanes but they are a lot more of a pain to fletch. I use the original Gorilla Gel superglue with them, seems to work really well with them. Feathers and fletching tape will ruin a man. I can fletch an arrow in 2 minutes with that. I just ordered a fresh half dozen arrows and I'm going with pink and hot yellow on these.

First one done is shooting straight.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ll take the opportunity to eat some crow here. I’ve never shot a trad bow better. Seriously, I’ve gotten a bit cocky... maybe a better term would be confident. Sunday Mason and I went to a shoot and I managed to shoot the lowest score I may have ever shot on a course. Everything went right. I NEVER miss to the right. It was horrible. I thought I may have damaged my bow somehow. As soon as I pulled back into our driveway, I grabbed my bow from the back of the truck and started shooting. I could not make an arrow go anywhere but where I was looking. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to make my bow shoot as it did on the course. Trad bows are sometimes weird... and it ain’t the bow.