Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Shot the #60 pound Howatt Hunter I got from Brock a little today..the cold shot was on the money the upper 2 not bad either at 18 yards.
When I go from it to my #47 pound bow it feels like holding a feather. Lol
20210728_102618.jpg

Creamer

Athens
Today's from 18.

I shot pretty well in the first few arrows, then started to get a little loose. An issue I have that I feel causes most of my inconsistency is a slight alignment issue with my bow arm. It's like a slight collapse in my bow arm (left arm) collapsing inward, and it leads to some left-right issues and a lack of stability at full draw/anchor. I drew a few times and let down, paying attention to my bow arm. Then sent several consecutive into this spot.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
DFBBADBB-DDB6-4EC1-A1D5-4BF361B21075.jpeg
Busy week in the pizza joint. Friday night about 11pm or so I grabbed the bow and headed to the yard. First group at 25. Felt really good to shoot well after a little time away from shooting. Pretty much shot all day today with breaks for grass mowing and other chores. Overalls pretty good. Shot some Snuffers too. May have to poke a deer with one of them this year.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Shot a bunch today. Some were not very good, so I just kept shooting, trying to figure out why my shots were less than predictable once I started to fatigue. To me, less than ideal shots due to fatigue are similar to shots at game. I want my “bad shots” to be still pretty darn good. Finally had the breakthrough I was hoping for and found a little trick that straightened me right up. Anyone that has shot much knows, those little nuances that keep you in the kill zone under stress are absolutely priceless! Not really any point in describing it, what works for me won’t work for the next guy... but it’s mine and I plan to keep it. Rediscovering or discovering these little gems are just fantastic for one’s confidence.

Sharpened up a couple of Snuffers today too. They fly great out of both bows I hope to hunt with this season.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
6C21363D-D12E-4934-B9E1-FE624332A3B2.jpeg

Came home from lunch service, grabbed my bow and stepped up to 30 yards being conscious of my re-discovery of last night. Shot all four arrows in my quiver and was quite happy with the results... and no, I was not shooting at the coyote. 😁. I shot 75-100 arrows and had none I’d label “bad”. In my mind I was more accurate 25 years ago, but logically I doubt that’s the case. For certain, I’m more consistent day to day than I was “in the good old days”. Without a doubt, having an aiming system is far superior to simply concentrating on what you want to hit.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I did some shooting today. These were my best groups at 38 on the left and 45 yards on the right. Buddy told me to hit the over spray above the circle on the right picture. Not too shabby considering I haven’t shot since mid July lol

Attachments

• DF7FA1AB-C5CF-494B-A656-72A7E73390AE.jpeg
    DF7FA1AB-C5CF-494B-A656-72A7E73390AE.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 00DCC74A-7786-454A-AE9A-0CF93C9B34E3.jpeg
    00DCC74A-7786-454A-AE9A-0CF93C9B34E3.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 74