Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Jamie

Licking Co.
Screenshot_20210609-170852_Instagram.jpg

and finally, stage four begins. alarmist whacko theory becoming reality. pass the popcorn...

Reactions: Mike and Blan37

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Theres more talk about mandatory vaccinations for schools, colleges, and employers floating around now - ho lee shit

I mean did people think they would stop short of anything less? The government has been setting this up all along to get their liberal friends in the private sector to push the mandatory agenda. If that doesn't work the feds will push it by withholding funding for any place that gets federal money such as Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements or even highway funding if they choose to.

Reactions: 5Cent and Big_Holla

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
I have a good example that pisses me off to no end. No secret that my dad has been very ill the last couple of years. I tried to push to get his blood tested for antibodies. My family didn't understand why and they wouldn't even ask the doctor to do it. Dad hasn't been home since December and got his fist shot Wednesday... In my book, this is a complete unnecessary risk on a weak body. Second shot due on the 30th.

I have a good example that pisses me off to no end. No secret that my dad has been very ill the last couple of years. I tried to push to get his blood tested for antibodies. My family didn't understand why and they wouldn't even ask the doctor to do it. Dad hasn't been home since December and got his fist shot Wednesday... In my book, this is a complete unnecessary risk on a weak body. Second shot due on the 30th.

Prayers for Dad -

Reactions: giles

Schu72

Streetsboro
My issue with the vaccination push is they've always pushed it as an absolute. The narrative is "The only way to be safe is to get this very understudied injection that has zero legal liabilities", and they subversivly suggest that if you don't, then you are in grave danger. The line they've drawn in the sand was always an absolute. They railed against natural immunity and still insisted that people get vaccinated. Now we're seeing data that follows just about every vaccine in history, natural infection almost always provides comparable or better immune protection. For some diseases like polio, natural immunity isn't an option because of the universal severity of the disease. But with Covid we have a massive portion of the population who have a very small risk percentage of developing a severe case,. Some 40%+ of the population will never even know they have it. How is that different than the 90% of the vaccinated population that can still catch it but will never know they have it. Yet the unvaccinated are being pushed just the same regardles of their risk profile. It's natural that people are skeptical of the vaccine and feel lied to, because it's blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention that they're indeed being lied to.
Joe, I think we can agree that the entire response to COVID was handled poorly. It certainly didn't help having a President who was an absolute moron when it comes to all things medical. This was a novel virus. Mistakes were made in trying to implement strategies that worked with other viruses. Presently, we are doing much better treating those who are symptomatic and we have ample PPE. Although there is no long-term data, the short-term data is indisputable that the vaccines, at a minimum prevent people from becoming symptomatic. I have no idea where you are pulling your 90% figure, I've not read or heard anything similar. And if you don't think the anti-vaxer contingent is lying and fear mongering....well I just don't think there is even a point in trying to have a constructive conversation. I guess I'll just go and put some more keys and paperclips on my magnetized body.....;)

Theres more talk about mandatory vaccinations for schools, colleges, and employers floating around now - ho lee shit

Yep, my son just attended a meeting for his summer cross country camp. Was told if any students did not have the vaccine they would be mandated to wear a mask 100% of the time even during training. He said no big deal, he'd wear the mask rather than miss out on the camp 2 years in a row, this one being his senior year. Very few of our HS students have received the vaccine but I guess this is their way to point out who the good kids are and who are in families of rebels.

• Angry
Reactions: giles and Mike

Schu72

Streetsboro
Yep, my son just attended a meeting for his summer cross country camp. Was told if any students did not have the vaccine they would be mandated to wear a mask 100% of the time even during training. He said no big deal, he'd wear the mask rather than miss out on the camp 2 years in a row, this one being his senior year. Very few of our HS students have received the vaccine but I guess this is their way to point out who the good kids are and who are in families of rebels.
Where are you located? I'm not hearing anything like this. We actually just participated in the state track meet. Stands were full capacity....no masks. My younger son is already in offseason football conditioning...no masks.