Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Choo choo
maxresdefault.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Surprise surprise. 70% of London hospital admissions were diagnose after being admitted for other issues. AKA they were either covid positive and didn't know it, of they got covid in the hospital.

Cogz

Cogz
TX

Jeff Ricchetti, the brother of Biden aide and White House counselor Steve Ricchetti, has been hired to lobby for a Taiwan-based company that developed a COVID-19 vaccine.

• Angry
Reactions: Big_Holla and "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Both my sister and I are back to 100% today. Our symptoms and progression was exactly the same, even a day in the middle where we seemed to be better only to get slammed the next day. Her symptoms were far worse and she lost taste and smell. She tested positive on Monday I tested negative on Wednesday with a rapid test, still waiting on my actual lab results.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My bosses boss is currently stuck in Greece with covid. She got the JJ shot two weeks before her departure because she wouldn't be able to go without a vaccination. She literally got covid three weeks post vaccination when they say immunity from vaccination is at its highest. A whole bunch of bullshit.

jimk

My bosses boss is currently stuck in Greece with covid. She got the JJ shot two weeks before her departure because she wouldn't be able to go without a vaccination. She literally got covid three weeks post vaccination when they say immunity from vaccination is at its highest. A whole bunch of bullshit.
I am headed to Germany tomorrow for a week. This is my biggest fear also. Don't really understand the rules because I have my vaccine card and US citizen but still have to have a negative test 24 hours before departure to get back into US. I have to wear a mask ( FFP2 or N95 style) the entire time there, even in public places. And I am anti-mask as it is. Can't stand wearing the damn thing.

But with the spread or so called spread what difference is a negative test getting into the US going to do?? I fly to Chicago first and don't need to show a negative test but to get back into my own country need to have one. There is no new variant so why still have this stupid requirement.

If I somehow test positive, I need to stay another 5 days. Did I mention that my company is requiring a self test every day while I am there? And guess what, if I test positive during these self tests that I can't come to the office, so stupid and a waste of money if that happens.

I am headed out in the morning for muzzy hunt. Watch my luck, if I get one early that one will have covid and give it me and then the whole trip is screwed... LOL

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I am headed to Germany tomorrow for a week. This is my biggest fear also. Don't really understand the rules because I have my vaccine card and US citizen but still have to have a negative test 24 hours before departure to get back into US. I have to wear a mask ( FFP2 or N95 style) the entire time there, even in public places. And I am anti-mask as it is. Can't stand wearing the damn thing.

But with the spread or so called spread what difference is a negative test getting into the US going to do?? I fly to Chicago first and don't need to show a negative test but to get back into my own country need to have one. There is no new variant so why still have this stupid requirement.

If I somehow test positive, I need to stay another 5 days. Did I mention that my company is requiring a self test every day while I am there? And guess what, if I test positive during these self tests that I can't come to the office, so stupid and a waste of money if that happens.

I am headed out in the morning for muzzy hunt. Watch my luck, if I get one early that one will have covid and give it me and then the whole trip is screwed... LOL
Crazy ass times we’re living in… Glad I’m retired and don’t have too deal with much in that department….. Good luck, what part of Germany you heading too?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra

If it happens just fly to Mexico and walk right across the border. Its wide open and there is no restrictions coming into the country. Problem solved

jimk

If it happens just fly to Mexico and walk right across the border. Its wide open and there is no restrictions coming into the country. Problem solved
I read something the other day and I wish I could find the link, that some countries have spot reporting positive cases and only reporting the serious cases that require a hospital stay. Just like they do for the flu. I am getting really tired about hearing about positive cases. It's becoming so numbing that I have started to ignore what I hear about how cases have spike. Just think what it be like if there was a positive test for the flu. How many people get the flu and recover at home? Thousands each year!! But we don't have the media reporting that every single night.

While my earlier posts may have bothered some about the vaccine, I am being to believe that this virus is going to be here for the long haul just like the flu and similar to the flu you can get a flu shot in the fall before the spread of flu. I didn't get a flu shot until about 10 years ago and have gotten one every year since. Last year, I got the shingles shots and both times I left like crap for a day. Wife got the same shot and was fine. The shot either for the covid or the flu should an optional choice for each person. While either doesn't 100% protect from getting the sickness, it may reduce your symptoms. Side effects, well I had side effects from the shingles shot and recovered.

I am so tired of hearing about testing. There's no test for the flu and we don't self test for the flu but we use our smarts and if we feel like crap we stay home from work and school. I am ready to get on with life before this started. We got ways to prevent severe cases and remedies to help us recover. Time to move on and stop making this a media news story.