Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom turkey strikers

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got to tell you brother, that snakewood striker you sent me is unreal. Every beginner should have one like that to start learning on. It's got a bigger bulb on the end that makes cutting easy as pie. Having never had a flare-tipped striker before, I can't help but wonder why that's not the standard.

For the same reason bicycles don't come standard with training wheels. 🤣 just funning. Some people like em, some hate em. To each their own.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Got to tell you brother, that snakewood striker you sent me is unreal. Every beginner should have one like that to start learning on. It's got a bigger bulb on the end that makes cutting easy as pie. Having never had a flare-tipped striker before, I can't help but wonder why that's not the standard.

For the same reason bicycles don't come standard with training wheels. 🤣 just funning. Some people like em, some hate em. To each their own.
They are easier to play IMO. I do have a few two piece dymondwood strikers that are almost flat on the bottom and they play great, I think a lot of it depends on the wood. But I prefer a flare tip.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Someone is all set up for their Kentucky hunt with a Padauk glass and Rutland dymondwood striker!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH

Wish I had one.....just sayin...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Wish I had one.....just sayin...
They ain't cheap[emoji41]