Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom turkey strikers

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Got a link for the auction?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Not sure if I'm going to keep this one or not. Turned out real nice!

Looks awesome man! Not sure how much control you have over it but a nice detail for two tone calls would be if you could center that red stripe up on the holes in the back instead of being off-center. Or the holes on the stripe. I think it would add an extra level of attention to detail and professional touch. Looks bad ass though, especially the feather under glass.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The zebrawood double Sider raised $95 for Cody Kovach and his family. It found a home in North Carolina.

Dude that's awesome! Not only did it raise good money for them but someone also thought enough of it to shell out that kind of dough. Speaks vumes to the quality you're producing.

Reactions: Bigslam51

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Not sure if I'm going to keep this one or not. Turned out real nice!

Looks awesome man! Not sure how much control you have over it but a nice detail for two tone calls would be if you could center that red stripe up on the holes in the back instead of being off-center. Or the holes on the stripe. I think it would add an extra level of attention to detail and professional touch. Looks bad ass though, especially the feather under glass.
I have no control over that. I have a jig that my buddy made me that is the exact diameter of my call, has the center hole in it, and all the sound holes. I was told by my mentor from Georgia how far the sound holes should be away from the 3/4" center hole.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have no control over that. I have a jig that my buddy made me that is the exact diameter of my call, has the center hole in it, and all the sound holes. I was told by my mentor from Georgia how far the sound holes should be away from the 3/4" center hole.

Can you turn the jig so that the sound hole pattern is in alignment with the stripe? The hole pattern is uniform so if you turn it so the top sound hole and bottom sound hole is in the middle of the stripe and not off-center the rest will be too. Am I making sense?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Can you turn the jig so that the sound hole pattern is in alignment with the stripe? The hole pattern is uniform so if you turn it so the top sound hole and bottom sound hole is in the middle of the stripe and not off-center the rest will be too. Am I making sense?
And I thought I was OCD, holy shit[emoji23][emoji23]. I already sign my name so it lines up with the wood grain now you want me to do this[emoji23]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And I thought I was OCD, holy shit[emoji23][emoji23]. I already sign my name so it lines up with the wood grain now you want me to do this[emoji23]

Hey I deal with federal regulations all day. Detail is just how my brain works. 😂 I think it would just add a slight touch of professional attention.

lxfxlIP.gif

Reactions: Bigslam51

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Hey I deal with federal regulations all day. Detail is just how my brain works. [emoji23] I think it would just add a slight touch of professional attention.

View attachment 61253
I'll pay attention to detail on the next one[emoji23]

Reactions: Dustinb80