Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dad's late season target

Mao

Coshocton, OH
We are getting pics of this buck right in the orchard that I took my buck. We have had a blind set there for about 4-5 weeks now and we hunted it for the first time last night. This buck came to 25 yards broadside last night but it was way to dark for my dad to take the shot and so dark that I got no footage of him on camera. We are headed back after school hoping he comes a little earlier tonight. Also, the little buddy heater by Mr. Heater is a life saver in this weather!!! Halloween 2010 073.jpgHalloween 2010 070.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Great Buck.

I just went and got myself one of those mr. heater little buddy heaters at dunhams. Gonna give it a shot tommorow morning in my blind.

Im hoping that thing gets me by with just two layers of clothes on. I'll find out pretty quick in the morning.

Good Luck to your old man on killing that hog.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
The buddy heater is the way to go. It is a life saver in this weather. We both were very comfortable the entire hunt with it on. Thanks! I hope he gets a shot at him.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck TOO you and your dad, Marcus! That's a heck of a nice buck for anyone at anytime of the hunting season. Definite shooter in my book!

Gordo

Athens County
Mine kept me toasty this morning from 6-11. Didnt realize how cold it was till i left the blind to pull the cams. Well worth the 60 bucks i shelled out yesterday.

With that said i just read jesses thread about the mr heater he picked up, which is the size bigger. For 30 more bucks i bet you could b out there in shorts. The fan feature would b nice. On mine the heat seems to go straight up so i found myself huddling around it this morning.

Im glad i didnt get the smallest size or i would b returning it.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
That's it! I'm picking at least one up.

Good luck to you and your dad. I hope you get him today or tomorrow before the second madness begins.

You will be glad you did! Money well spent. I got mine for dad from Cabela's. It was a factory refurbished for $49.99

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
YEP! I'm still toting my buck tag but this is the first time in 20 years I have a decent farm TOO hunt here in the SW that's close TOO home. Still plan on doing some late season hunting for a few bucks on my list and I THINK they are still alive. I hope you guys can close the deal on your buck.........it sounds like your close! Goodluck Marcus!