Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Isaacorps

Columbus
So far, so good. He loves to retrieve his “toy”
A93C6F90-B430-4D2D-A373-277A03CCE56C.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My mom stopped by tonight and once again, we debated what's in this dog. Our insurance company sent us a dividend check that was the same amount as the DNA test I just ordered, coincidentally. Latest guess is maybe a little rottweiler. Whatever it is, 20 of his 22 offspring are clearly labs. Only 2 expressed anything other than that. I'll say this, despite what he's done knocking up the other two, he's really turning into an exceptional companion. He has big shoes to fill, but at 15 months, he's lights years beyond Remi with his obedience. He's not the retriever Remi was, but he could be a better family dog in the long run. His sister is blossoming too. She's the instinctual, wired one of the pack. Always tuned in. The sentry. 3 dogs is a lot of work, but the reward is more than worth it.

20200529_204858.jpg

Last edited:

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’d say our little Jackson got the best of his mom and pop. Over the top loving but tuned in to everything. I hope he turns into half the companion his daddy is! He’s got some natural retriever instinct that we’re channeling towards sheds. He was born to please. He tries his mama’s patience but is her dog through and through! We love this little dude 😊
5A7E952A-5058-491B-8E8D-7D8A14356B79.jpeg
1E5C1421-87BE-4700-A794-A8C15679AA2D.jpeg
3BB9E179-83AC-4FCC-A5C5-D6F8AA2F3959.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
Well life with mans best friend can be tough. Had a year with this dog and he got hit by a motorcycle today. Thank god the biker didn't fall and wasn't hurt. We have an electric fence which he stayed in but we were nervous having him collared, the other dog would toss him around when fighting by the collar. We thought he'd break his neck. Should have risk that and beat the other dogs ass. Well I put him in the ground tonight. Fin sucks.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 103012Well life with mans best friend can be tough. Had a year with this dog and he got hit by a motorcycle today. Thank god the biker didn't fall and wasn't hurt. We have an electric fence which he stayed in but we were nervous having him collared, the other dog would toss him around when fighting by the collar. We thought he'd break his neck. Should have risk that and beat the other dogs ass. Well I put him in the ground tonight. Fin sucks.....
Damn, sorry too hear that... Like you just glad the dude on the bike is ok...

Reactions: finelyshedded