Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Pearl went to the vet this morning. Got 3 staples, antibiotic shot and medicine. Not hunting for two weeks. The reason ends this Sunday. Not sure if I will go without her.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The night before the last day of school my junior year of high school, all my buddies were at my house filling water balloons for the annual water balloon fight. My dad pulled up after a day's work and all of a sudden, I hear my buddy say: "Holy shit. What the fuck is that?" 😂

I look up and see Mac barreling at us and we all froze. Enter one of the "bar setting" dogs in my life. This pic is from 2007 when he was an old man. He was a rottweiler/lab mix with a huge heart and some of the best obedience you could ask for from a dog that never had any formal training. I'm holding Remi the night we brought him home. I stopped to introduce him to Mac because I knew Mac wasn't long for the world. We lost him the next spring.

FB_IMG_1523813403989.jpg

For year's, we've had a standing agreement that any rottweiler/lab mix I came across, can come home with no consulting necessary. We had no clue Gunnar would turnout to be a blend of rott and lab, but he sure has a lot of his Uncle Mac in him. He walked into an impossible standard when it comes to my expectations for a companion and has far exceeded those same expectations. He's gonna be a legend if he lives a long fruitful life.

IMG_20200927_120111_401.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Betty-girl started into labor yesterday at 4:45 pm and dropped her first pup, a black male, at 6:40 pm. After that it was nothing but yellows! She surprised me at 11:25 pm with another yellow female, after almost 2 hours passed from the previous pup. All seemed well and good, and complete. Fast-forward to 5:10 am this morning... I bring Betty a bowl of food and I look down to see a fresh black puppy! I literally rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing things! Another black male, this time a tiny little runt at just 9 ounces. Final tally - 2 black males, 3 yellow males, and 3 yellow females. So far all the pups and momma seem to be doing well. Betty is doing great as a new mom.
66143EC4-B379-4637-BF30-30AE2FC60D60.jpeg
C45BA9A0-3DF8-4E92-B725-B8E6F45F4008.jpeg
8874D72E-0FBC-444A-989A-42B8C45C52D4.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Congratulations @jagermeister !

Seeing your beautiful litter of lab puppies definitely takes me back to the days when I had my female AKC yellow lab (Babe) and her first litter of eight. If I didn't have enough dogs already today, I'd seriously consider in wanting to take one off your hands. Good luck in getting them nice homes!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

Seeing your beautiful litter of lab puppies definitely takes me back to the days when I had my female AKA yellow lab (Babe) and her first litter of eight. If I didn't have enough dogs already today, I'd seriously consider in wanting to take one off your hands. Good luck in getting them nice homes!

Oh come on Denny, whats one more?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Seeing your beautiful litter of lab puppies definitely takes me back to the days when I had my female AKA yellow lab (Babe) and her first litter of eight. If I didn't have enough dogs already today, I'd seriously consider in wanting to take one off your hands. Good luck in getting them nice homes!
Thanks Denny! Thankfully for me, they are all already sold!

This is crazy... She just delivered another one at 11:00 am! Black female. Just what I wanted!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
My 'Babe' -2006 memory lane.

Appreciate your sharing with us & congrats once again @jagermeister ! Sadly, the last one of her litter just recently past of naturel old age about a month ago. The owner recently thank us again for selling 'Duke' to him. Said he was the best dog they ever had.

Truly happy to hear that all are doing well and you've got them sold already!

scan0073.jpg
PICT0399.JPG
PICT0339.JPG

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
My 'Babe' -2006 memory lane.

Appreciate your sharing with us & congrats once again @jagermeister ! Sadly, the last one of her litter just recently past of naturel old age about a month ago. The owner recently thank us again for selling 'Duke' to him. Said he was the best dog they ever had.

Truly happy to hear that all are doing well and you've got them sold already!

View attachment 110380View attachment 110381View attachment 110382
Looking at those black pups, I’m guessing she got the jungle fever?😂