Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wife has been on me off and on to get another dog. This one appears to be available. Any thoughts on breed? I have my thoughts but will wait to hear your opinions.
Screenshot_20210927-174248.png
Screenshot_20210927-174240.png
Screenshot_20210927-174226.png
Screenshot_20210927-174457.png

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's a mutt if I've ever seen one, and I mean that in the best way. I see all sorts of options including cur, pit, lab, shepard, and even rottweiler. Be curious to hear him bark and see what that says about him, literally. Bailey appears to be a purebred lab, but if you hear her bark, you know something ain't right 😂 Gunnar on the other hand, is an obvious mutt if you know your breeds.

He's a good looking dog and I'd say, a very loyal one.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jamie's dogs came to mind when I saw the pics. Definitely plenty of Heinz 57 in there. The high energy and body shape made me think of Slick and Lefty. The pic rising in the cab of vehicle made me think of Lefty. Jamie has written enough about him that the attitude in that pic made me think of the older dog. (Which I think is Lefty.)

Told my wife if you could wear the dog out I suspect he would be an awesome dog. Doesn't look like a dog you could ignore for long periods without finding him tearing up the house or doing bullet runs. Lol

Reactions: Jamie