Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLORIDA HOG HUNT 2023

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Groundhogs, prairie dogs, barn sparrows, yotes, chipmunks, coons just to name a few and I would think wild hogs would too that list though.
If it were me I’d kill first then work on how to get him out later if at all, if it’s legal to do the latter. A big hog does more damage than a small one right? I’ve never hunted them or know much about them so I’m just asking. Florida is constantly being over taken by invasive animals. Passing on one to hope to kill another seems to me as not being a very effective method. Just saying. Is there a limit as to how many you can kill?
Just edited in another question. Lol

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Well you win some and lose some. We swung and missed at a total of 5 today. Jumped up three, well over 180lbs way in the back. Probably seen 20/25. I connected with one little boar hog! Did a total of 9.5 miles and 5 of them were the drag back! Hell of a day with great people! Oysters on the half shell tonight and joes pastalaya! Eating good in the neighborhood! Will keep ya’ll posted!

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Pics

Attachments

• A8EDC0DB-351F-4B77-9513-044E5A68B73B.jpeg
    A8EDC0DB-351F-4B77-9513-044E5A68B73B.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 034DAA92-4231-4C14-9054-6725763E44DE.jpeg
    034DAA92-4231-4C14-9054-6725763E44DE.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 101

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
@Jackalope the pastalaya burns a little worse on the way out just to give ya a little heads up😂 Skipped the morning hunt. Gonna run into town and take care of some errands. Hopefully will be back for the evening hunt tonight. Think Joe and I are going to meet up a do a couple bump and dumps on the back few islands and see what we can do. Stayed tuned! It might get rowdy!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw two and snuck closer. On the first shot it started spinning and squealing so I hit it again and it dropped. The woods exploded with pigs running everywhere. I ran the shotgun dry hitting two more, threw the shotgun down and went to my 45 as another was running directly at me. I shot a few times at it as it ran by at 3 feet. I think I clipped it once. Who the hell knows. I know for a fact I clipped two others. Alex and Jason are out there hunting and looking. I'll give it a look but if you don't see them drop they're almost impossible to find in swamps.

20230130_125920.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Chance and I did a loop to try and scent bump anything to the guys working the bottom. We came to a point on a big pine flat and he spotted a blond piglet. About the time I whispered "momas gotta be close" we both spotted her and gave her both barrels. We dropped our guns and started chasing the piglets around the palmetos trying to catch one. 😅. I was gonna put that sucker on a string and walk it around the campground. Well, odds are I was just gonna get bit and drop it. 😅. For being no bigger than a Chihuahua they're freaking fast! After some missed tackles we called it quits.

20230130_165746.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun... Have a safe trip home....