Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Food, what are you eating?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of the interesting things I've noted each time I've had a serious reset is how quickly I'll shed 8-10#s and then I'll have a few weeks where I don't lose weight, but my body composition changes drastically. I'm in the window right now. When I break over the hump, I'll lose another 8-10#s in a short period of time, then I'll hit another period of equilibrium. That's the body's signal that you're shifting for carb burning to fat burning, and the increase in lean protein helps restore lost muscle mass. Our bodies are pretty damned resilient!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It arrived yesterday.

IMG_4703.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
One of the interesting things I've noted each time I've had a serious reset is how quickly I'll shed 8-10#s and then I'll have a few weeks where I don't lose weight, but my body composition changes drastically. I'm in the window right now. When I break over the hump, I'll lose another 8-10#s in a short period of time, then I'll hit another period of equilibrium. That's the body's signal that you're shifting for carb burning to fat burning, and the increase in lean protein helps restore lost muscle mass. Our bodies are pretty damned resilient!
This is exactly what I'm experiencing and talking about, Phil. My body is burning fat. I'm not sure how to articulate it, but it feels fabulous. I mean I feel different when I'm doing anything taxing. The way I felt 20 years ago, I guess. I'm feeling stronger, too. I have been a very, very active person my whole life with the physically demanding nature of my work, hunting all the time, etc., and a year or so ago everything I did started wiping me out. I was concerned that I may really have to stop doing some of the things I need and want to do, or at least do them less and less often. I have totally reconsidered all of that now. I'm going to get a real tangible gauge of my "progress" when I go for my annual lipid/metabolic blood panel and physical in a couple of weeks, but I already know what the results will show. I'm hoping to say good-bye to some medications on that day.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hate you fucking people.... All of you reinforcing shit I know but refuse to listen to... Just let my 43 year old rheumatoid arthritis having ass eat my honey buns with a monster energy drink and die slowly.. :mad: I've done it before, I know I was feeling great, I know I saw an instant change in my physical well being, energy levels, and mental acuity. I know what I need to do, but I love me some shit food and you bastards leading by example aren't helping me ignore the obvious. Healthy peer pressure. Fine.. Fine.. Fine..

*To clarify. That's written in my pissy childish sarcastic tone.