Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fort Spence

I talked to a buddy that had one that he fed 2 homes with. He said the problem there is they will call for heat on different cycles and you go through a lot more wood. He suggested going with 2 smaller stoves.

I think if I was going that route, I would build a pole building with both stoves in it or adjacent to it. I would also setup some lights and have a good setup for stacking the wood in the building. This way if you have to fill it bad weather or after dark it will be easy for you to do. I would check out some different setups that others have done. Maybe something like this? I would want a gravel or concrete floor in it though. I would probably try to close in a couple of the sides as well to keep the snow and rain from blowing in. P.S. I wouldn't use his roof design as the rafters don't look like they are done properly. LOL.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
The Dozer guy started on the driveway yesterday taking out some stumps. I wasn't there but Tyler said he made good progress. He is guessing about 40 hours of work for the driveway and some pond maintenance. Waiting to hear from the bank on a construction loan. The wife settled on a home....way more than we need but will be very nice...and we talked with the builder. Once we get the approved they can get started. Meeting with the electric company Wednesday on where to run the power lines. My wife talked with the neighbor about running it through there field and they are considering it which will save us a lot of work. We also have a verbal commitment on our current home.

A buddy set some traps 3 days ago and has caught 2 big male coyotes so far. We have been getting 4 on cam together nightly and other singles randomly. Hoping to save a few fawns lives.

We are considering extending the pond another 75-100 yards. Really need to talk to someone with experience on that one though.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
When I did my driveway in 2012 the calculation was about $12 per foot although I went deeper and heavier as I had some low lying areas. Now I need 1,300 foot of #57 topper.

Did you use any Typar (sp) when you built your driveway? I have heard good and bad about it. I know of guys that only used it and 57s. Not sure if I should go that route since we will have a lot of heavy trucks in and out during the build.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
This is what we have been working on. For anyone thinking about a long driveway.....DON'T! No just kidding. It's going to always be work but well worth it. We still have some work left to do. Hope to get started on my home within a month. My house will be at the end where the side x side is. Tyler's is going where the driveway splits to the right.
Turn down the volume unless you want to hear the seat belt alarm.