Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guns & Ammo Sales.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Found a box today at the Fin in Canton. So I should be good. They also had bulk 556 out on the shelf. Not paying 90 cents per round....and I must not be the only one. Hopefully the panic buying has run its course.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Was in a few stores and mom and pop shops here picking up some fishing stuff. I always go too the ammo isle just too see what’s there. Still bare, handgun and rifle I can understand too a point but why aren’t there any shot-shells there? None too be had. Used too be skeet rounds every where, now they’re extinct.....

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Was in a few stores and mom and pop shops here picking up some fishing stuff. I always go too the ammo isle just too see what’s there. Still bare, handgun and rifle I can understand too a point but why aren’t there any shot-shells there? None too be had. Used too be skeet rounds every where, now they’re extinct.....
Something fishy - don't trust the retail big box stores

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio

Agreed, I have never seen shot shells run low, ever!

Reactions: hickslawns

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

Agreed, I have never seen shot shells run low, ever!

I agree it's weird but what's stranger is that I can go in one Walmart and they have NOTHING on the shelves. Then i drive 30 minutes to a different Walmart and the low brass clays loads are well stocked like you'd be used to seeing. I don't understand.

Reactions: Big_Holla
20 Gauge 2 3/4" 7 1/2 shot High Brass (which if you look inside has a low base not a high base wad. People flip the brass height for base height).
Every turkey I ever shot died with this same load and none left! But I kind of like to see them close! Farthest shot with my Benelli was about 40 yards.
Heck, I never even had a turkey choke, just a full choke for years!

I haven't had to buy ammo in a long time and don't need to either. I'll never last as long as it will. One shot in the target, then one shot in the deer. Boxes last about 7 years if I am shooting doe too. 25 06 bang flop. I shoot a box of shotgun shells a year at rabbits and another at doves. Shoot! I still have Federal Copper Plated Lead that has ducks and pheasants on the box! LOL I even have some paper shells still!

Ive sold about 10,000 rounds of .22 in the past and did better on it then in my IRA!

When I see a deal I might buy it just to put it on my table at a gun show, which I haven't done since early last year either. I'm on the wrong end of my sporting career now so...

My childhood and life long best friend is in a rehab. hospital after having a major stroke post valve replacement surgery and he is less then a month older then me. Then there is my older childhood neighbor kid who became a fishing and hunting buddy for decades. He no sooner got through hip replacement and wanted to schedule the other hip and his prostate numbers went crazy so now he has to get that surgery this week. He told me his balls hurt and he might have them take them off too! I said if you are going that far you might as well go whole hog! He said based upon his assumption that might double the cost! I said ya I heard micro surgery was more expensive then regular too! He said nobody likes a wise guy! LOL

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I agree it's weird but what's stranger is that I can go in one Walmart and they have NOTHING on the shelves. Then i drive 30 minutes to a different Walmart and the low brass clays loads are well stocked like you'd be used to seeing. I don't understand.

Hub and spoke supply chain I would bet. Retailers are opting to cube out trucks over LTLs, so I bet instead of constant small flow, its 1 or 2 and done for the week from their regional DCs. With demand so high, people know when their ammo shipments are or word of mouth like we have here and everyone flocks to clean the store like a swarm of locusts, until the next location is known.

Reactions: Isaacorps and Mike

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ive chose to to go with TSS Apex 9"s with a new 20ga. to kill a freaking turkey!!!
Im the fool!!!! ;)😂🤣
I chose to jump in and swim with the gators.....

I still hunt with a Mathews Outback bow, that was at the time the ridiculous money hunting bow.....
My arrows equipped with any broadhead still costs more than the 1 or 2 times I blow thru another TSS shell..

Somebody's gonna buy them, and the Choke tube they shoot them thru..... GOBBLE GOBBLE and season cant get here soon enough.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ive chose to to go with TSS Apex 9"s with a new 20ga. to kill a freaking turkey!!!
Im the fool!!!! ;)😂🤣
I chose to jump in and swim with the gators.....

I still hunt with a Mathews Outback bow, that was at the time the ridiculous money hunting bow.....
My arrows equipped with any broadhead still costs more than the 1 or 2 times I blow thru another TSS shell..

Somebody's gonna buy them, and the Choke tube they shoot them thru..... GOBBLE GOBBLE and season cant get here soon enough.
Let me know how those tss 9 shot works on a turkey...I opted to try Winchester long beards and some other shell because I’m not confident in shooting 9 shot at a turkey...plus the price for a box of five is outrageous, but I did some research and 9 shot IS what most are shooting out of their 20 gauge guns.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Let me know how those tss 9 shot works on a turkey...I opted to try Winchester long beards and some other shell because I’m not confident in shooting 9 shot at a turkey...plus the price for a box of five is outrageous, but I did some research and 9 shot IS what most are shooting out of their 20 gauge guns.
I'm running them in my 20 & got some for my son's 410

Reactions: Sgt Fury