Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gunseason

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck and be safe everyone. My lifelong buddy, ,Lathe will be here in just over 8 hours. He filled his buck tag early in November so he is coming along for moral support. Always a good time, deer 🦌 r not.
The older I get, the more I enjoy deer hunting with others ... When I was younger I enjoyed the solitude, not so much anymore.... Making memories...

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I use to get excited for gun season years ago. Being with others was the ticket like everyone else agrees. There's a shit load of leased land behind me that use to be mine to hunt, but all that is over. There in no pressure what so ever during gun season. The deer don't even know it. With that said, the patterns will pretty much stay the way & that's all good. So, we'll see. I'll continue with the Xbow tomorrow. Good luck, be safe & have fun fuggers !

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Bowkills

Nw oh
I ate an extreme amount of Chinese food last night, it's pouring rain still, the wind is screwy and my stomach is ready to extract. It just doesn't feel ment to be this am! Id better just work today. Good luck to all.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Annnnnd it begins...

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING... * WHAT...Snow tonight. Heavy lake effect snow possible Tuesday night and Wednesday. Snowfall tonight of 3 to 6 inches with locally up to 8 inches for inland Northwest Pennsylvania. Additional heavy snowfall possible Tuesday night and Wednesday bringing total accumulations to 10 to 18 inches possible. * WHERE...In Pennsylvania, Northern Erie, Crawford and Southern Erie counties. In Ohio, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula Inland and Ashtabula Lakeshore counties. * WHEN...From 10 PM EST this evening through Wednesday evening. *

Who ordered the "How to track deer in the snow for dummies" depth...

Smawgunner

Athens
The whole weeks weather is looking dicey. Going to make the most of it Thursday...the better of the bunch. Today trees were falling left and right. Didn't see a thing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'll be out in the morning for only my second foray into the deer woods this season. The first was at strouds back in October. I'm going to check and hunt a stand I left up last year and then get down at noon and move it a few hundred yards to the edge of a hundred acre secluded CRP field. Wednesday at lunch I'm going to set a blind and a quick bait pile in the event the weather turns nasty later in the week like they're predicting. I may hit the swamps and bounce around in my climber also. Good luck everyone and be safe.