Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Have you heard?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ok I get it now. Yalls temps stay down enough to dry age your meat. That’s the shit. Down here we have to age on ice. I don’t have a walk-in cooler yet.

When I build my camp, I will use an ice maker and let it dump into an open bin in the cooler. The ice will keep the cooler around 34-5 degrees. This way I’m only running an ice machine. And we use plenty ice. It’s a win/win

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Riddle me this. Why do y’all gut your deer? I don’t eat the ribs so there is no reason for me to gut it.

Hang by back feet. Skin or cape deer. Next cut front quarters off. Then cut belly flanks down to rib cage exposing the inner loins, cut them out. Next cut backstraps out. Then cut next meat off. Now cut spine where hind quarters are dropping carcass in container. Then I remove both hind quarters and place them on his back side. Cut each leg off the hip bone and take each leg and put meat side in cooler. Bend leg and separate at the knee. All that is left is femur bone. I thought everyone does this unless your eating the ribs and belly flanks. I find the flanks having too much tallow and ribs with not enough meat to fool with.
Do you take your pants off when you fuck or do you just pull down your zipper?😂 You’re starting to scare me!🙈

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Heck yeah Ryan!!!! Beautiful deer and one heck of a morning hunt!!!! Congratulations on getting it done this early! Have fun hunting with Greyson from now till end of season! Looking forward to tagging along on that ride as well....👍🏻

Reactions: hickslawns