Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heavy snowfall...where to hunt

Schu72

Streetsboro
Bonus weekend is almost here and in Portage County we probably have 2 feet of snow and they are calling for more. Would you stay in this area and hunt a food source or head south where there is considerably less snow. I am buck hunting at this point. Not sure what to do. Last year in muzzy season the same thing happend and we got skunked in the deep snow...well I saw one little one.

What to do....:smiley_confused_vra

Gern186

Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I would get out within the next couple of days and start looking for trails leading from the thick stuff to a good food source.......They will still be running the same trails by the weekend with that much snow on the ground.

rrr

I've been thinking this all day - how long could I sit out in this mess?

I do think that they become a little more regular in their patterns again and you've just got to find that and intercept that.

Matt

Norton, OH
As long as the snow stays soft and quiet, I will be moving this weekend. Nice and slow, glassing on the edges of cover. Possibly attempting a few slow pushes to my buddy.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have a feeder out at one property up hear and they have been hammering it. However, of all the times I hunted it I only saw deer once. They may be hitting it at night. The property in southern ohio has a little bit of turnips and a lot less snow.:smiley_blink:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have a feeder out at one property up hear and they have been hammering it. However, of all the times I hunted it I only saw deer once. They may be hitting it at night. The property in southern ohio has a little bit of turnips and a lot less snow.:smiley_blink:
Sounds like you need a camera on that feeder. Could be turkey eating it all.