Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Jackalope!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The better team won. ESPN keeps talking about a rematch for the national champ. WHY??? We just saw them play. Who wants to see it again????

Because the way those two teams are on any given Saturday. It could easily go either way..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Does not change the fact that coaches like saban and tressel play not lose in big gamesand comes back to bite em in the ass.

That was the point I was trying to make Joe. Thanks Eric. I didn't expect a National Championship this year from the Buckeyes. They have new QB, started the season minus a large number of players and were re-grouping. I am proud of the strides they have made this year. They have shown steady improvement throughout the season (except yesterday haha). Starting to play together and gel as a team. fickel is doing a nice job.

In the past, tressel would go in "prevent mode" in the third quarter and inevitably they would make blowouts close games or lose games they dominated.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh, you're a good one to talk! Fuggin' biggest Big 10/OSU hater I know!!!

I wouldn't hate em so much if they weren't made out to be more than they are. I don't like em because I think osu is like rage broadheads. Mostly marketing hype. And their merchandising efforts support this. On textbook shots (inside big 10) they rock. Put them to the test against team outside the big 10 constantly ranked way under osu and they fail. Case in point their last two NC shots... That wasn't osu having a bad day.. That was an over ranked team who never should have been there, but only got there due to their pre season poll ranking and a easy in conference strength of schedule. Once out of the bubble they got hammered.

epe

Lancaster
Which is what boise has waiting for them in people are dumb enough to vote them in. Hope they don't, but it may take one horrible NC game beatdown to shit up the boise people. But they did beat Georgia, who is leading the ALMIGHTY SEC east division..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Which is what boise has waiting for them in people are dumb enough to vote them in. Hope they don't, but it may take one horrible NC game beatdown to shit up the boise people. But they did beat Georgia, who is leading the ALMIGHTY SEC east division..

Nobody said every sec team is gonna be lights out every year. But on any given year you will have 2-3 who are a serious force to be reckoned with.. This year it may be bama and lsu. Next could be auburn amd Florida or georga and tn. What does osu have to fight against.. Tell me how they EARN a big 10 title... Look at teams like Alabama and Auburn. they're even in the same state.. This last osu Toledo game was the most points osu ever gave to another Ohio team since the early 1900s... Osu isn't good. They're simply a highly marketed team playing a bunch of saps all season.

Just my opinion on watching them play.. Some years they look better than ever. Most IMO its mostly hype. If they seriously want to IMO earn it. Either get some better teams in the big 10 or start playing more out of conference games.

Last edited:

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Nobody said every sec team is gonna be lights out every year. But on any given year you will have 2-3 who are a serious force to be reckoned with.. This year it may be bama and lsu. Next could be auburn amd Florida or georga and tn. What does osu have to fight against.. Tell me how they EARN a big 10 title... Look at teams like Alabama and Auburn. they're even in the same state.. This last osu Toledo game was the most points osu ever gave to another Ohio team since the early 1900s... Osu isn't good. They're simply a highly marketed team playing a bunch of saps all season.

Just my opinion on watching them play.. Some years they look better than ever. Most IMO its mostly hype. If they seriously want to IMO earn it. Either get some better teams in the big 10 or start playing more out of conference games.

How many National Championships does OSU have? The Big Ten is getting better, they are having a conference championship game starting this year, which shows me they're getting in line with the SEC and the Big 12. The bucks seem to get ranked a little high at times but if I remember just a few years ago Tenn. was ranked top 5 and was a complete bust. I think it happens to all conferences at times.
I thought Bama deserved to win that game and they just fugged up their chance at another National Championship. It reminded me of OSU back in 97 when Mich St. came to Columbus and busted our National Championship chance.

GO BUCKS!!!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is college football! You really never know who is going to show up. That is why we love it. They are still kids for the most part. Play their hearts out one week, and mentally collapse the next. I am not talking about any conference here either. Every conference is like this. Was 2003 a fluke? 2006? The Buckeyes have been over ranked more than once. I will admit this. In fact, many times I have seen them in the top ten thinking "Hmm. . .seems more like a 15-18 than a 7 or 9 ranking". I won't deny this. Then they come out and surprise you. Either way. They either surprise you with a huge win over a team you thought we give them a run for their money or a loss over a team they should have devastated. I really feel the same could be said for MANY college teams.

If there is ONE team that is the most consistently over ranked it would have to be Notre Dame. They have had good years, but it has been a long time since they have deserved a ranking or bowl game. It is all about the benjamins in regards to the bowl games.

epe

Lancaster
How many National Championships does OSU have? The Big Ten is getting better, they are having a conference championship game starting this year, which shows me they're getting in line with the SEC and the Big 12. The bucks seem to get ranked a little high at times but if I remember just a few years ago Tenn. was ranked top 5 and was a complete bust. I think it happens to all conferences at times.

GO BUCKS!!!!!
The big twelve is a joke too. We have been able to play with Texas everytime we have played them lately. Nebraska just moved here being highly ranked and just beat by a lower third Northwestern team.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

See dem Bama boys avenge last season and beat the snot out of Auburn today with a 42-14 win in the IRON BOWL... BOO YA.... ROLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDE!

Looks like the Crystals staying home with the SEC for the 6th year running! As LSU will likely be the other team in this years BCS Championship game... :smiley_clap:

Lets hear it boys

SEC!

SEC!
SEC!

No?????? :smiley_confused_vra
Oh the heck with yall then.. :smiley_arrogant: lmao Prolly still crying about Michigan. lol

bcs-championship-trophy-college-football-convulted-messed-up-system-winner.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

For those of yall who talk about the energy at these "rivalries".. Here is a clip after Bama beat auburn yesterday...

Bama fans In AUBURNS stadium screaming..

Hey Auburn!
Hey Auburn!
We just beat the hell out of you
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer Give Em hell Alabama.. (Rammer Jammer is the name of the University news paper, Yellow hammer is the state bird)

2 schools, in the same state, only 100 miles apart, 118 years and 76 games.. Both own the last 2 Heisman and BCS Trophies. Now THAT is a rivalry!.. :smiley_clap:

[video=youtube;VFWOtOmGhqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWOtOmGhqE[/video]

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
Look at Dem SEC boys being coached by Ohio boys... Only Saban and Miles. Only ones smart enough to do anything with Dem boys... Who was the other Ohio coach, to win a couple... oh yeah, Urban... Welcome back to Ohio :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look at Dem SEC boys being coached by Ohio boys... Only Saban and Miles. Only ones smart enough to do anything with Dem boys... Who was the other Ohio coach, to win a couple... oh yeah, Urban... Welcome back to Ohio :)

lmao... Dude that's pretty weak.. I'm not sue I would be saying that in public if that's the only candle yall can hold to the SEC.

Assistant at OSU, Head at toledo, Said screw Ohio and went to Michigan... Said screw Michigan and the whole big 10 and went to the SEC... Miles did the same. lmao

[video=youtube;YLjrGlZSDjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLjrGlZSDjM&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
I could give a ratts azz. I just like watching good football. And by the way,Saban couldn't make it in the NFL, Then went to the SEC..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I could give a ratts azz. I just like watching good football. And by the way,Saban couldn't make it in the NFL, Then went to the SEC..

lol... Me too! And I'll enjoy it on January 9th... LSU VS BAMA... 6 in a row! I bet Bamas kicker is feeling the pressure. lmao

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You mean they haven't replaced him after that??

They have 2 Foster and Griffith.. Foster has proven to suck. Griffith is not really ready... They have a new one lined up for next season.. I'm willing to bet for the next 6 weeks both of them are going to be sick of kicking footballs.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I tell ya.. After watching LSU destroy Georgia tonight, if bama ends up playing LSU in the BCS NC, Bama's gonna have a hell of a battle.. LSU and Bama have the Number 1 and 2 D right now but GA was 5th. LSUs offense is lights out tonight.. And if it ends up LSU vs Ok state.. It'll be a slaughter. Ok's D is like 57th. But their offense is 2nd. If you put that D against the LSUs offense that they're displayed tonight, LSU is going to run the score through the roof like they have against Georgia tonight 42-10... No matter what Ok states offense is, LSU is a fuggin wall. And LSU just ran the board on the 5th D in the nation tonight... I'm predicting LSU +15 in the NC game against bama if they bring the same offense they did tonight... Unless Bamas D brings a lights out game. Either way I see that's it's going to be two brick shithouse teams exchanging blows and neither moving the ball much. It'll boil down to whose offense holds out against the punishment.

Last edited: