Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How good are you at backing up

Backing Up Prowess

• A. Back up into parking spots/Driveway most of the time.

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • B. Nope, always pull in back out.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • C. I suck at backing up, and let the wife do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. This isn’t what I was expecting.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J would know this road but the rest of you won't. Back in the day 2 cars drag raced in reverse on RT 165 from East Lewistown to North Lima a distance of about 2 miles. 165 is relatively straight but narrow and hilly.

Not sure how fast they went but I know the one guy involved and he would gone balls to the wall.
I had my PB speed on 165 down by Weavers farms in that bottom 😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Big trailer or little trailer? I have a jonboat trailer that will get you cussing mad without a boat on it. I usually just open the back hatch in the Durango so I can see it.
Truth. Backing a water buffalo with a deuce and a half was the worst. By the time you could see the short tongued trailer it was too late to counter steer and correct it. You were jackknifed. No power steering didn't help. 😁

Great point though. Shorter the tongue the tougher to back. Wasn't always about the length of trailer. Tongue length can make or break you.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You either keep ‘em in the mirrors, or keep them from the mirrors. Short trailers just need a little extra attention, like short women!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You either keep ‘em in the mirrors, or keep them from the mirrors. Short trailers just need a little extra attention, like short women!

With my Jon boat trailer by the time you see it in the mirror you done fucked up. 🤣. Can't see these bitches in the mirror either because they're above line of sight. That used to be 8 foot, but thanks to a live oak branch it's about 6 foot and $240 down the drain. 😡

20220331_193438.jpg

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
With my Jon boat trailer buy the time you see it in the mirror you done fucked up. 🤣. Can't see these bitches in the mirror either because they're above line of sight. That used to be 8 foot, but thanks to a live oak branch it's about 6 foot and $240 down the drain. 😡

View attachment 149245

Backing up and maneuvering a 53’ tractor trailer is nothing. Those weekend warriors who can efficiently maneuver a 12-14 trailer behind a full size truck in reverse… those are the real heroes. I’m proud to say I’ve gotten pretty good at it over the years. It’ll humble your ass quick though as soon as you get cocky. Lol

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Full disclosure, I've never backed a full hay wagon with a Deere with a hand clutch. I have driven one and can't imagine trying to do that. They're very jumpy and its hard to feather the clutch.

Reactions: Geezer II

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Full disclosure, I've never backed a full hay wagon with a Deere with a hand clutch. I have driven one and can't imagine trying to do that. They're very jumpy and its hard to feather the clutch.
I have backed full hay wagons but not with a Deere - oh my - can't see - need a ground man to guide ya - -