Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HVAC- Install

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Nice work Joe.
I was able to take a page out of your book and get everything done at the cabin. Still need to strap the line sets up. Will get that done after coffee.
FA351044-CDF2-4FAB-A2C2-A036C22CACE4.jpeg
D61AB8E4-4A39-430A-A768-829A14595FA3.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got the lineset ran today, fastened it to the wall and got the outside unit wired in. I couldn't run the lineset inside the wall as the previous installer fastened it to the studs. I'll put a lineset hide cover over it at some point and paint it to somewhat match the bricks.

20210927_190426.jpg

Went ahead and put a disconnect inside like the new code states. It's easy and $11. I wasn't going to but I don't like doing stuff half-assed so I put it right by the unit to the left. . This made me about 3 feet too short in the 6-2 wiring so I'll need to go grab a piece of that tomorrow. And I misremembered the knockout in the cabinet and thought it was 3/4 but it's a 1/2. Once that's done it's all wired up and ready for the HVAC guy to come braze the lineset and top it off.

20210927_212350.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well there she is. All communicating. Called a local HVAC guy off the Goodman dealer site to finish brazing the lindset, pull a vacuum, release the charge and top it off. $450 cash. He should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

In the end when adding in the +$100 in supplies from lowes, and subtracting a $300 federal credit and $400 local energy coop credit, the total out of pocket cost is $3,815. Since I got a payout from the home warranty company it's actually $2,615. Way better than the 7-8k a HVAC company would have charged me to install a 16 seer dual stage, variable speed communicating unit.

I'm going to hold off on getting rid of the old units. I need to pick up about a ton and a half of sand for a pool install and the scrap guy down the road has a dump trailer. Borrow the trailer for a few hours and bring it back with some valuable scrap. 😏.

Screenshot_20210928-211354_CoolCloudHVAC.jpg

Well there she is. All communicating. Called a local HVAC guy off the Goodman dealer site to finish brazing the lindset, pull a vacuum, release the charge and top it off. $450 cash. He should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

In the end when adding in the +$100 in supplies from lowes, and subtracting a $300 federal credit and $400 local energy coop credit, the total out of pocket cost is $3,815. Since I got a payout from the home warranty company it's actually $2,615. Way better than the 7-8k a HVAC company would have charged me to install a 16 seer dual stage, variable speed communicating unit.

I'm going to hold off on getting rid of the old units. I need to pick up about a ton and a half of sand for a pool install and the scrap guy down the road has a dump trailer. Borrow the trailer for a few hours and bring it back with some valuable scrap. 😏.

View attachment 136304
Man you are always thinking and dealing!! We should all just have you come and negotiate deals for our next home improvements like that!!

Reactions: Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man you are always thinking and dealing!! We should all just have you come and negotiate deals for our next home improvements like that!!

I can't stand spending cash on temporary things that don't provide long-term returns, like renting a trailer. $250 for the day from the rental place, or spend $250 on a new rod and reel for the boat that will provide memories and meals for the rest of my life. He bought that trailer to make money scrapping, what better way to make money than valuable self loading scrap delivered to his door. 👍

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Install done. The guy showed up about 5 and was done at 7:30. We always eat dinner at the table as a family but I told Jessica I couldn't in good conscious sit-down and eat while a man was working and going in and out right by the dining room. It just seemed rude to me without at least inviting him to have dinner. I told him that Jessica was just finishing up dinner and asked if he was hungry and he politely declined. I asked again about 10 minutes later and he agreed. So we all sat and had dinner before he finished up. 👍.