Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Josh's 2019/20 season

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Well this passed week was the first time since 5th grade that I didnt hunt all of gun week. Since I had filled my tag and everyone in my family didnt have a buck tag either we all worked. I did hunt monday and like the last couple years it was more of an let down than anything. Fast forward to thursday my buddy makes a trip in from Tennessee because we had been glassing a field that was full of deer all week and a few good bucks. I figured he was gonna tag out that night from what we had seen. When he got back to the house he told me he had seen 31 but only one buck. Well the next day our other buddy picks him up in the morning after he went back to the same spot where he seen all the deer the night before (he didnt see anyth im ng there friday morning). He called and asked what I thought about doing a drive with just him and our other buddy. He has never really done deer drives before so I reassured him that sometimes those little short drives with just a few people are the best ones. About 25 minutes later I get a call from him about in tears. I just killed a giant he said. After getting him calmed down and hearing the story i knew what deer it was. Then he goes on to tell me that it knocked one side off when it fell and when he pulled on the other side to move it it came off in his hand. Come to find out he was wounded prolly during the rut when he left the farm had a hole low in the leg and prolly wasn't gonna make it through winter. So there he is just killed the biggest deer of his life and cant even take pictures with it. He hunted hard all year here and in kentucky missed opportunitys but it finally came together.

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_141533_834.jpg
    IMG_20191206_141533_834.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 521
  • Screenshot_20191206-121237_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-121237_Snapchat.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 503
  • 6439.jpeg
    6439.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 537