Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie

badger

*Supporting Member*

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice fishies..Ya sure don't catch the lake that calm very often...Least I don't..lol.You all see many Grassies where you fish up there? We have shot a couple but we don't really see em too often.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Nice fishies..Ya sure don't catch the lake that calm very often...Least I don't..lol.You all see many Grassies where you fish up there? We have shot a couple but we don't really see em too often.

Forget even trying the big lake unless it's a light south wind, otherwise you get beat to heck.

We have shot grassies from Lorain to Conneaut. Sizes have varied from twenty inchers on up. The fish pictured was a fifty plus pounder. She pulled the boat around a bit until we got her in.

I need to talk my buddy into coming out to the shoot ya'll have on Erie.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I wish I lived closer to the lake. Its always a pain watching weather and trying to plan a trip then ya get up there and its rough and ya can't fish the main lake spots I like to go too. At least when we have our get together there are alota big fish in to spawn and we can have good day shooting in the bays even if the lake gets rough. I haven't ever fish any areas up there east of Sandusky...whats the water like?

Nice carp shoot

If you want to get into the carp
I hammer them every spring just upstream of the SR 19 bridge over the Tousaint
We only work the area upstream from the bridge from 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile

Because we get more there than we can shoot

Never tryed it close to the bridge or below
But expect it should be great

I launch from privite property upstream of the Tousaint Wildlife area and drift down

John

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
There are loads of carp in erie.It really is one of my absolute favorite places to bowfish and I have been quite a few places..I dug up a few of my pics...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang great pics, Jake. Especially that last one! That's one hell of a pile of carp! I was gonna try to get into bow fishing, but I gave away my spare bow to a friend in need. One of these days I suppose....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I just wish we got to shoot more grassies up there likeBadger does....I really need to take more pics tho..Ya always say you'll do it later but with fish or deer or whatever the quicker ya can take a pic the better.
As far as your bow just buy a old POS 40# bow and get to shooting. If I have a open spot on my boat the weekend of the erie get together I will let ya know. I kinda gotta wait and see who i end up with before I can offer ya a spot.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Jake I've looked at your pics a few times in the past few days, but I haven't had time to respond. I showed them to my buddy Jeff tonight, and it sparked some interest in making the shoot you put on.

I'll have more to add tomorrow, great pics man!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Jake I've looked at your pics a few times in the past few days, but I haven't had time to respond. I showed them to my buddy Jeff tonight, and it sparked some interest in making the shoot you put on.

I'll have more to add tomorrow, great pics man!

I can't guarentee you guys will fill the boat but you'll shoot some for sure...I really enjoy this shoot just for the comraderie more than anything. I hardly ever see a fellow bowfishing boat when I am out...kinda fun visting with other folks from the surrounding area and states.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just wish we got to shoot more grassies up there likeBadger does....I really need to take more pics tho..Ya always say you'll do it later but with fish or deer or whatever the quicker ya can take a pic the better.
As far as your bow just buy a old POS 40# bow and get to shooting. If I have a open spot on my boat the weekend of the erie get together I will let ya know. I kinda gotta wait and see who i end up with before I can offer ya a spot.

Sounds good, man... keep me posted.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I can't guarentee you guys will fill the boat but you'll shoot some for sure...I really enjoy this shoot just for the comraderie more than anything. I hardly ever see a fellow bowfishing boat when I am out...kinda fun visting with other folks from the surrounding area and states.

We live right close to Mosquito and have maybe seen a half dozen other boats rigged for shooting in roughly fifteen years. We used to have a lot more time for it and burned a bunch of fuel chasing fish around. Sad to say but I need to take more pics as well. I have piles of pics from Skeeter, but not many from Erie. We shot the tourney up by Massena Ny in "95" and half our pics didn't turn out. That was the only organized or out of state shoot we have done and it was a blast.