Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I’m fucked dry. Got my taxi that lives near to help me load the bike in truck. Pulled into camp and lifted cover to find a nest of grass. Took nest out and the fucker chewed all my wires.
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg

Guess I’m headed home in the morning. Can’t hunt without my bike.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Called my neighbor who changed the first harness. We gonna see if we have enough to put one together. Sucks but it is what it is. Still going duck hunting in the morning lol. Then I’m driving four hours home.

Told the wife while I was mad that I was going back to work and selling my vacation. What the fuck was I thinking? The deer are gonna pay when I return. Will be doing all day sits if I can stand it. Hopefully I will cool my head tomorrow. Thanks for listening and commenting. It really ain’t bad in the big scheme of life, just a small bump in the road. Persistence and determination always wins. Stay strong my brothers!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yup, that’s a string of bad luck for sure but it sounds you have the right outlook on things. It can’t get much worse in the deer hunting realm and it can only get better, right? Lol
It’s been great following along with others on your Deep South hunts. It’s given me a better idea what types of terrain,weather and other obstacles y’all down there hunt or deal with.
I think Phil pretty much hit the nail on the head when describing the average hunters mature deer encounters up here in Ohio. It’s all relative to the hunters access to prime ground and the amount of time they have to hunt. Some are blessed to have both but the vast majority have just one or little of both. I personally have had encounters with two mature deer this season I would have tried to kill but I just couldn’t get them to come in closer or walk through an opening. That’s how it goes sometimes.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So I met with the young man that lives next door. He looked at it and said should be doable. I asked if he could get it done by this weekend? He said yes. I hate to rush him as his father has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and given a year to live. As I was finishing unloading the bike, his mom pulled up with dad after getting a round of chemo. How could I be upset with how my hunting season has been? This family is living hard times right now and I’m upset over stupid shit, yes that’s right STUPID SHIT! I asked if they needed help as they walked him inside, they said “no we got it” thanks. I left with tears in my eyes.

Life isn’t about the big things, but the many little things that happen every day.

About 15 minutes later Nicolas, my mechanic comes over and I sat and talked with him for a little while. I know he is struggling and told him we are here for them and to stay positive and supportive. I have and we are living the hard lessons learned as my mother passed two years ago with pancreatic cancer and we are taking care of my father that has dementia real bad. I couldn’t do it without my wife as we both sacrifice a lot. I write this not for sympathy, but only to give everyone some perspective when “things don’t feel like they are going your way”. Count your blessing and enjoy living.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I’m on my last 24 hours of work for the year, currently working a double. The good news is my atv is back in service. We will be doing Christmas supper tomorrow and rolling out for the camp, should have my boys with me.
The bad news is the weather not looking good. Rain the next 3 days w highs in the 60’s. Doesn’t matter, got to let some anger go and the best therapy is at the camp. Hopefully will be sending Giles some ball pics... I’m sure he has the DT’s from not getting any lately lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ok we are back!

Worked a double shift last two days. Stopped at the hospital to see my neighbor that’s not doing well at all. They were trying to get him home for Christmas, I told them we would have supper cooked for them Christmas Eve when they got home. Wife cooked a big pot of deer roast and gravy and brought it to them. I also said don’t worry about Christmas dinner as we would have it all for them. Once again the wife cooked a turkey, ham, candied yams, Mac and cheese, rolls and merliton dressing. Dropped it off and told them merry Christmas. I know it’s the worst Christmas they could have and we are very fortunate enough and wanted to help. Enough about that as it’s very depressing.

So me and pearl loaded up, brought a bunch of leftovers from our Christmas supper and headed to the camp. Hunter is headed up now and was 3 hours behind me. He bought a Honda 420 Christmas Eve and sent me a pic saying that we had a atv for this trip. I got mine fixed (rats ate the harness) and asked if he borrowed the atv. He said he bought his own. Dj has to work tomorrow and will be coming in the following morning.

I got some reports of bucks chasing so maybe something will go right this trip. Not sure if we gonna Hunt public in the morning or our property it’s supposed to rain everyday except for tomorrow. Weather not being nice but it is what it is. We have tower blinds so won’t be to bad. I will report after the morning hunt.
IMG_2096.jpg