Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
When you just can’t get enough!

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well today is a different day and looked like a different dog. She gets amped up for these test and Sunday’s are usually worse. First half of the test was the water test and she decided she didn’t need my help. Yes it’s been the same pattern for her on Sunday’s. We still had fun, well not so much this morning.

Got another weekend in March to test. Maybe we will title then. [emoji2373]

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well we finally made it home. Bombed the test this morning and decided to roll out. Rained all last night and we had to drive across hilly cow pasture. Let’s just say I had to get pulled out. Driving home a car threw a rock and cracked my fucking windshield.

Got home and unloaded everything and took a pic of Pearl w her ribbon from Saturday.

We haven’t trained since early last summer so I’m not real upset.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Showed up to work yesterday, same ole shit. Checked my email and seen something from sportsman’s warehouse about a balloon special. First 300 people received a balloon to pop for a discount on any purchase.

There was a line before opening so I sat there in my unit. After the doors open I was given a tag as I proceeded to the gun section. I’ve been itching for a savage A17, but after thinking about it a long time, I decided on the A22 magnum. They just happened to have one and I filled out the paperwork. Looked on the shelf for ammo but only seen 4 boxes. Asked the guy helping me if there was any in the back. He came back with a brick. Things were looking good. At the checkout the girl said pick a balloon, I told her I have bad luck and for her to grab anyone she wanted. She popped the balloon and the tag inside said 15% off. I was told there were two balloons w 100% off, I was happy w the 15% off and new hog killing machine during archery season/scouting. Should do well this season.

Now I need to get scope mounts and scope.

Ain’t she a purty sight?

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I liked that store with the original owner. Still good, just not the same. A lot of the i still use today all came from them 10-15 years ago.

I like it also as it carries stuff that most big boxes don’t. They even carry stuff used for up north and not common around here. Great selection on ammo, there prices are okay at best but some deals can be found.

Reactions: giles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Dave it’s not a full size barrel. I’m tanning the rifle kill hide and skull mounting his head. I also found and old management sign on the ground that I will be putting on the barrel. My intention was to have a post but taxi build something to put the deer on. I will finish up the mount after picking it up. I didn’t want to pay for the rest as it was getting expensive.