Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well watching the clock so I can leave work and head to the camp. Rifle season opens tomorrow and duck season for the whole state will be open. Gonna make some hunts on property and do some scouting for the thanksgiving either sex hunt on wma. Will make a wood duck hunt a couple mornings also.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Seen 18 slick heads this evening and a bear. Had a great extended weekend filled w deer sightings and one bad decision to not hunt my stand 😂. The bucks will come around as our rut is late so no worries.

Hunter and his friend finally found some deer in Illinois. Said his friend passed on a 3yr old 10 and he seen one chasing a doe. I guess I’ll be posting pics soon. View attachment 166149View attachment 166150
Don't worry.. Hunter will come home with a slammer..

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Don't worry.. Hunter will come home with a slammer..
They moved to a bow only ca. sent me a pic of a grove loaded w persimmons and busted out a 140+. Said he had deer under him at dark. If anyone gonna kill it’s him, he will do whatever it takes. Now me, I’m gonna sit in my warm tower w atv next to it watching does and praying for a shooter to step out. It’s what we love to do! Wishing I had my boys w me tho.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunted my stand this morning, dawn began to break and had deer moving. Seen plenty till around 9:30 when it slowed up to nothing. Seen 3 bears, 1 bobcat and 31 deer. Only one was a buck, basket 6pt.

Went to a wood duck hole to jump shoot some ducks for Pearl but they were all on the other side of the brake, out of sight due to heavy buck brush. I could hear them talking but never seen any.

Came back to property after slamming 2 pb&j’s and had 3 does near my stand. Hung up a scrape dripper and walked back to the stand to put a 20# propane bottle in it for my heater. All is good, let’s see what the evening brings. It’s in the high 40’s w a light NNE wind.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Seen 20 deer this morning, all does and fawns. So this evening I’m sitting on the edge of my property next to ag field. Hoping for a buck or coyote. Seen 9 mallards fly out my pond in back in, looked like 7-8 drakes and one hen.
DBE55988-F358-46E1-8CB6-AECEED0379A9.jpeg
2261181A-09CB-4E19-93F2-A94B72C1297E.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunted the field edge this evening. In return I enjoyed a big goose egg on deer sightings. I did get to watch 5 bears come out into the field feeding on grass (most likely why there was no deer). I did get to see about 20 mallards and 15 greenwing teal enjoy my pond.

My neighbor bordering me was saying he had 2 bears on him.
F1D2C0A7-3A7B-4457-8212-B53E014CFB33.jpeg
230CF209-F1A9-44A2-8432-D982807E6660.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hunted the field edge this evening. In return I enjoyed a big goose egg on deer sightings. I did get to watch 5 bears come out into the field feeding on grass (most likely why there was no deer). I did get to see about 20 mallards and 15 greenwing teal enjoy my pond.

My neighbor bordering me was saying he had 2 bears on him. View attachment 166670View attachment 166671

It's crazy how common they are on that side of the river. Yet directly across from you in Yokena around my parents place they're rarely ever seen.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunted this morning, wasn’t feeling optimistic and the feeling was right. Seen a doe, spike and small 8pt.

I left and went to pick up pearl to go after some wood ducks. Went to the hole I found hog hunting October 1st. Long story short, I shot a drake and pearl broke busting up an opportunity for one or two more.

Came back to the camp, did a couple small things at the camp that needed attention. After that I went and set 16 lines on the river. Will go check them around 9 and rebait if they look like they want to bite.

Tomorrow morning I’m going w a camp buddy that loves to duck hunt. Says he found a pile of them scouting. We will see but it will be a nice break from sitting in the stand.