Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Well, I lied about not hunting until Saturday.

I got to looking real hard at the weather conditions for the next couple of days along with google maps last night.

So, this afternoon at noon, just before the rain hit, I went out scouting at an area that I've wanted to try out with my pop-ground blind.

Glad I did cause I found a shit load of scrapes & rubs in this area.

I mean a bunch!!

So I setup my ground blind just inside the CRP field right in between the major scrapes and those tree rubs.
View attachment 67312
View attachment 67313
View attachment 67314
Tree rubs 30-40 yards to my left and major scrape line starting from 20 yards to my right.
View attachment 67316

This is where I'll be hunting until this fall monsoon is over with sometime Friday :LOL:

Until then, I'll be staying nice and dry while waiting on a rain soaked shooter buck come strollen on through, hopefully :D

We'll see what happens...

Good luck fuggers!

A quick followup of my 2 hour hunt this evening.

Pretty much right at dark and/or quitting time, four antlerless deer cruised on through @20 yards straight out in front of me, and let me tell ya, it was foggy, so I'm not 100% certain that they all were antlerless deer.

Anyhow, here are some more of those tree rubs that I found earlier this afternoon in that immediate area of where I'm setup at for the next 24-36 hours or at least until this rain is over with.
2018-10-31_19.42.30[1].jpg

It was super foggy and real darn creepy hiking home tonight.

It's approximately a half mile hike for me from that location through creek bottom straight to my home.

I'll be back at it first thing in the morning at the same spot to give it another whirl.

I expect it to be extremely foggy and very wet, so I'll be wearing my duck suit while paddling my canoe to get there :LOL:

Good night TOOville!

I'll get caught up tomorrow...

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Man . That rain sucked . Saw some rutting activity . One big shooter chasing a doe and her bb was following a hundred yds behind grunting for Mama .

70 yds was the closest they came and the whole encounter was only 10 seconds long but he was a grab your bow shooter . Maybe we'll cross paths again

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’m tagged out, so at 9:00 this morning I walk out on the front porch with a cup of coffee. Two other guys in camp decided to sleep in. 35 yards from the front door is two does, a three pointer and a HUGE 8 pointer...rack so dark that it’s almost black! I run back inside and wake the two sleeping beauty’s...of course the deer bolt when I closed the camp door. One guy checks his trailcam and there was a monster buck on it this morning. Now both were hurrying and got dressed and ran to their stands. Ten minutes ago I hear the crash of antlers about 100 yards south of camp! The squirrels in the front yard scampered up the trees and started barking. It seems like it’s getting ready to bust loose here in Vinton county!

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’m tagged out, so at 9:00 this morning I walk out on the front porch with a cup of coffee. Two other guys in camp decided to sleep in. 35 yards from the front door is two does, a three pointer and a HUGE 8 pointer...rack so dark that it’s almost black! I run back inside and wake the two sleeping beauty’s...of course the deer bolt when I closed the camp door. One guy checks his trailcam and there was a monster buck on it this morning. Now both were hurrying and got dressed and ran to their stands. Ten minutes ago I hear the crash of antlers about 100 yards south of camp! The squirrels in the front yard scampered up the trees and started barking. It seems like it’s getting ready to bust loose here in Vinton county!
I like the sound of that 👍🏼

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
To my surprise, I saw a ton of deer on the way to work. Heavy rain, but almost every field had deer in it, including mine outback. Good luck to the hunters making it out today. If I can wrap up this afternoon meeting in good time, I might be able to sneak out for the last hour or so.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
So far, not a deer in sight, not even on the way here early this morning.
2018-11-01 11.07.29.jpg
Just plenty of birds singing away.

The rain has picked back up a few minutes ago and looks like it's going to be fairly steady the rest of day.

At least I'm nice & dry so I intend on making it a day of it, right here.

We'll see what happens...

Make no mistake about it, I'd rather be hunting in this shitty weather more than anything today, that's for sure.

I hope more of you bad-ass 'TOO' hunters put more bone on the ground today.

I've been seeing a lot nice buck harvest on here lately.

That's pretty cool :cool:

Congratulations to all the successful 'TOO' hunters!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Make it happen (y)