Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I stayed out till @ 1:30, rain was really coming down. I switched out cards in some cams & things appear to be happening. This guy came up to The Oak two nights in a row checking out does feeding. I just might settle for him , hopefully something better will be coming thru as well. I'll be back out in a lil while.
Shoot the fuggin deer Kevin!:ROFLMAO:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm back at it. Didn't have one of them fancy umbrellas for my tree stand. But I did have a reglar one in camo and 3 zip ties....
20181101_154415.jpg
20181101_154351.jpg
20181101_154346.jpg

Good Luck All!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm in the house, going out and spending $48 on a tree umbrella still wasn't enough to get me out in this shit[emoji23]. I have a real nice ten point on one property but it's probably under water by now. No shooters yet on my main spot but it's a good rut farm so I'll probably sit there in a funnel tomorrow morning. Other than that, no further issues.

Last edited:

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Two does just came thru clover patch headed to apple tree. Seemed on edge but could’ve been ones a jumped on way in.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Fuck .... me ....

I was settled in The Oak since 4p & nothing seen. Everything was perfect . Right before 6p, I decided to stand up to relieve my aching ass & knees. Soon afterwards, I heard some sort of commotion up behind ,on the hill side. There's a overgrown dirt road in between, before the hill goes up further & I can't see it. There is a open spring just below my stand that flows into my neighbors yard & with all the rain, it was babbling away & it's hard to distinct anything you hear. With all the wetness, forget about hearing anything walking thru. I stood there & kept looking, but nothing showed up. I turned my head to look the other way for a bit & nothing happening in that direction. I could just feel something was going to happen. AS I was turning my head to look back, a snort sounded off & 15 yrds from my right, a doe took off back up the hill to the road. As I was taking it in, there was a buck with a really nice wide rack ! It may have been that buck I just posted the pick of. They just snucked right in. He didn't know what was going on, so he grunted once & then turned to follow, half ass. I have no shot to my right what so ever. He stopped , kept looking around, not sure which way to go, then eventually followed that damn bitch.

Then, after I kicked myself & sat back down, I looked back to my left, & there was a doe feeding at 5 yrds. She saw me move & walked away. THEN, as it was getting all the darker, two deer came down like the first two did, but further in front of me near that spring. I thought the 1st deer had antlers, but it looked my way & trotted back up. I then thought it was a doe & that second deer was possibly that 10 ptr. He was down amongst a pine & eating acorns I think. Whatever it was, it simply vanished, because I wanted to leave & nothing spooked. I had smoked up first thing this am, so either I was winded or just dumb luck that they saw me. I bet it was a bit of both.

OO2

In the Uplands
This will be semi-live as I didn’t have service where I was at but the rain held off all night. Ended up seeing a buck chasing a doe for about 4 sec before she engaged 4x4 and ran back up the ridge with him dogging her. Had another deer that I couldn’t tell what it was following closely behind. Jumped a decent buck walking out in the dark freshening up the scrape I walked by...then saw another buck dogging a doe in a grass field along the road as I pulled away.