Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
This ten point just came thru . Out for a casual walk in the woods . He was 17-18" wide .
IMG_20181108_082507375.jpg
IMG_20181108_082502627.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wish I could've gotten out this morning. I hate work getting in the way lmao. Should be some deer moving with this cool crisp morning.

Only takes a few seconds to change your season fellas. Stay strong out there.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was 4 deer. 3 of em passed me with no issues. While the mom was down front eating, a buck started blowing @150 yrds behind. I'm assuming because he sounded like a locomotive snorting ... it was more of a huffing & crashing away for a couple hundred yrds up over a hill. Must be another hunter since it's all leased behind me Those 4 deer were cool to watch the whole time. They ended up going back the way they came, but were all over me for a good 1/2 hr.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
My wife last night told me she seen a lot deer last night near my 'Northern Stand' & 'Eastern Stand' area when she was driving home from the store around 7:30 pm.

Currently, I'm hunting at my 'Southern Stand' where I saw those bucks bedded yesterday thinking I could sneak in there this morning with the NE wind we're having.

Well, so far, I haven't seen nor heard a thing.

If it continues to be this way for the next hour or so, I'll be making a big move to an entirely new location with my climber and try to get settled in for a midday hunt and see if I can catch up with our local herd on the Northern side of the property.

Until then, I'm trying my best to stay awake in my 'Body Heater Suite' that I absolutely LOVE on these bitter freeze mornings such as today.
20181108_083940.jpg

I was up way 'TOO' late last night.

My climber is my recliner stand that I can take a nap in safely and catch up on all my rest when it's really slow, which is what I might be in for today.

Hopefully, this evening will be on fire.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I got down at 9. Saw 11, 4 bucks No shooter. Very slow paced deer, feeding and milling around. No rut action of any kind. One buck came right up to my decoy but just enjoyed the waste corn laying around. He looked at his plastic friend a good bit but was more focused on finding corn.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Well, I accomplished mission #1 today and harvsted a mature doe. I am completely out of venison, so perfect timing. About an hour after I watched the big boy walk across the street to the sanctuary. Tough decision, but I need meat. And tomorrow's rain should wipe away any scent. She rain to other side of woods towards road, so it worked out kinda perfect. She made it about 75 yards after the shot
20181108_091934.jpeg