Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Didn’t see my first deer on farm till 4:20 which was a nice 2.5-3.5 old buck. I had him checking out a doctored up scrape before daylight on my camera not 80 yards from where I saw him. At 4:45 I saw a doe and little one step out into the beans to feed on up the hill and disappear around a treeline. Seconds later I catch movement heading in their direction and saw a big bodied deer and grabbed my binoculars. It was the big 9, a buck I had an encounter with in the same exact spot from same stand a few weeks ago. As he approached his scrape and gap where the two deer walked through I managed to get his attention with my grunt tube while getting some video. He stepped into the far block of timber as darkness quickly showed up.
It was a long cold sit today but the last hour is what keeps me going.

I’d share the videos but PB isn’t cooperating.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Hunted until 10:00 this morning.

Seen two good bucks first thing, one before sunrise and the other at sunrise.

Both were just within 100 yards that was slowly heading East, further away from me.

Headed back out and got settled in @4:00 for an evening hunt.

Since this stand is like 1/2 mile from my shop, this time I hunted through the woods to get there and came across two different sets of two antlerless deer.

Then within the last hour, two more antlerless deer cruised right underneath me headed to the CRP field.
View attachment 68561

Total of eight deer seen for the day with one definite shooter, maybe two.

Earlier, I went around to all my other setups and gathered up all my trail cameras cause it's about that time for the orange army to make their way into woods.

I don't want any of shit to come up missing, if you know what I mean.

I already had one stolen.

Anyhow,

here's one of my targeted bucks captured midday on my TC right underneath one of setups and I wasn't there.
View attachment 68562
I have more of him at one of my other setups just over the past couple of days, but on video.

I'll be switching gears and get back on him for a bit over the next few days.

Good night 'TOO'ville!

I had good day time movement on 11/16/18 as well!

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Hunted until 10:00 this morning.

Seen two good bucks first thing, one before sunrise and the other at sunrise.

Both were just within 100 yards that was slowly heading East, further away from me.

Headed back out and got settled in @4:00 for an evening hunt.

Since this stand is like 1/2 mile from my shop, this time I hunted through the woods to get there and came across two different sets of two antlerless deer.

Then within the last hour, two more antlerless deer cruised right underneath me headed to the CRP field.
View attachment 68561

Total of eight deer seen for the day with one definite shooter, maybe two.

Earlier, I went around to all my other setups and gathered up all my trail cameras cause it's about that time for the orange army to make their way into woods.

I don't want any of shit to come up missing, if you know what I mean.

I already had one stolen.

Anyhow,

here's one of my targeted bucks captured midday on my TC right underneath one of setups and I wasn't there.
View attachment 68562
I have more of him at one of my other setups just over the past couple of days, but on video.

I'll be switching gears and get back on him for a bit over the next few days.

Good night 'TOO'ville!

Take a wild guess where I'm parking my ass today?
2018-11-21 07.20.17.jpg

Chilly-billy this morning, but I'll be camping out right here for the entire day.

Good luck to whomever is hunting today!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’m camping too but not for long. Figured I’d squeeze in a little blind time before work. Landowner keeps corn out year around for the deer. Feels like I’m cheating but I’m ok with that today.

Attachments

• F9F41C74-D90A-4A4F-AAC2-7A5C7E89191C.jpeg
    F9F41C74-D90A-4A4F-AAC2-7A5C7E89191C.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 204

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just saw two does. I’m done.

Buddy just asked if I was hunting, told him no. Said a 120” buck just walked up towards my stand. Good thing I’m home 😂 I’d of shot his ass if I had the chance 😂
Haven’t shot a deer off that farm in 3 seasons. Trying to get em bigger and more coming around. We’ll see how that works out.... I think it is for the neighbors