Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Pulled chips today. First time since gun season. My 2 shooters survived! Now to pin down movement!?

Of course my first night back in the woods and a neighbor decided to empty his gun cabinet, constant shooting for half hour.
BB42353D-068F-44B9-A429-003EC688C5F3.jpeg
D422FE08-86E8-4BC2-B824-F015D597386A.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2018-12-13 15.56.24.jpg

This will be my last hunt for this location for a while or until I see something with antlers that shows up on camera.

It was nice though to beable to scout & glass long distances from here over the past few days.

At least I know where the bulk of the deer are at based on what I've seen.

In the meantime, I'll let the trailcam do the rest of the work from here.
WGI_0034.JPG

One of the antlerless deer I had in front of me yesterday.

Not sure what I'll be doing over the next few days since it's supposed to be raining quite a bit.

I'll figure that out later on this evening.

Good luck to whomever is hunting right now!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 69679
This will be my last hunt for this location for a while or until I see something with antlers that shows up on camera.

It was nice though to beable to scout & glass long distances from here over the past few days.

At least I know where the bulk of the deer are at based on what I've seen.

In the meantime, I'll let the trailcam do the rest of the work from here.
View attachment 69682
One of the antlerless deer I had in front of me yesterday.

Not sure what I'll be doing over the next few days since it's supposed to be raining quite a bit.

I'll figure that out later on this evening.

Good luck to whomever is hunting right now!
Same three out in front of me again this evening.
20181213_172451.jpg

Might be awhile before I get the chance to climb down cause they're grazing right towards me as I type.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
In
I’m doing kind of an urban hunt now. Friends of my wife have been all curious about deer hunting, want to get into it but don’t know where to start etc. I gave them some deer meat and they loved it. Long story short I’m sitting on thier 2.5 acres where a group of does has come through daily. Trying to shoot a doe and split it with them.

First time here and it’s an interesting little property. Knox County fairgrounds across the street and I can hear the city traffic of Mount Vernon. Lots of deer sign and a rub on a trail 20’ from me so we’ll see if they come through.

This lady has been texting my wife deer updates and pictures for weeks asking when I’m coming to shoot one. Twist my arm...
in my stomping grounds there. Are you on fairgrounds road or mckenzee street. If you come down to old mansfield road and turn right i hunt all the woods on the left side. Dont be surprised if you see a good buck up that way. My buddy lives right there and now is about the time the bucks move in every year. He just called me last night about a big one in his back yard.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
In
in my stomping grounds there. Are you on fairgrounds road or mckenzee street. If you come down to old mansfield road and turn right i hunt all the woods on the left side. Dont be surprised if you see a good buck up that way. My buddy lives right there and now is about the time the bucks move in every year. He just called me last night about a big one in his back yard.

Fairgrounds Rd. Property owner has sent a picture of deer in the yard every night since I hunted and I just haven’t had a chance to go back yet. I live and hunt closer to Centerburg off RT 3.

I’m sure there’s some good bucks hiding up in there somewhere!