Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Feeling much better today!

Did a Thanksgiving evening hunt on top of the North ridge with the ideal NW wind.

Plenty of deer movement. Saw 9, 3 young bucks & 6 antlerless, all them within bow range, however none offered up any kind of a real opportunity.

Back on top of the North ridge again this evening w/ virtually no wind from the NE.

Just had another encounter w/ the same young 9pt at 30 yards as I was typing this post, @3:00 p.m. sharp.. He went into the open field just to the West/my right. Tried to get a photo of him, but he's difficult to see in it. It's a good sign though!
20191129_145423.jpg

Good luck to whomever is huntin today!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Damn, I wish we got a little rain right now.

If these leaves on the ground were wet, I'd stalk that Buck easily and kill him, but instead, I'm stuck standing in my stand watching every move he makes at the moment, hoping he gets back up before quitting time and makes his way towards me.

He's my shooter alright, no question about it.

He's just beyond the vines & trees, within the tall weeds bedded.
20191129_155556.jpg

Last edited:

rookie-newb

Ne ohio
In with 30mins till shooting time. Felt like a solid, quiet entrance.

Good E wind, let's have some action this glorious day that damn state from the N gets an ass kicking like no other! Big bucks and a big W is what I'm pulling for today.
We're winning but defense needs to step it up. I didn't wanna miss it so I figured I'd do a evening hunt after the game.

rooster85

Lake County
I made a deal with the wife. I agreed to be nice to the in-laws and sit here watching the game until 2:30, then I get to go hunting. Pretending to care about football right now and mentally planning a ground assault on a doe. Will be hunting the NW corner with a SE wind.

The downside to living near family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joel