Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, a quick write up. After a liver shot. Waiting for me to drive 2.5 hours down to help him, a 2.5 hour track into some of the nastiest crap ever and almost 400 yards later....my cousin has his first buck. Hardest track of my life. So glad to be there for his first buck. Good one at that!
Huge kudos to you for making the effort to drive all that way to help him...👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Very windy here in Vinton county...even down in the ravine....nothing seen yet. Yesterday had little action in the morning with most of it between 3:00 and dark. Just starting to rain here.
Rain finally stopped here but the wind is bad. Just got back to the truck. Heading home to help the wife get ready for the birthday party. I keep telling her our daughter is only 1, and therefore she’s just a dumb baby and doesn’t know it’s her birthday. 😂 Wife doesn’t like that. Lol

rookie-newb

Ne ohio
Wind is bad here as well, I've only seen a small 6pt running by.

Rain finally stopped here but the wind is bad. Just got back to the truck. Heading home to help the wife get ready for the birthday party. I keep telling her our daughter is only 1, and therefore she’s just a dumb baby and doesn’t know it’s her birthday. 😂 Wife doesn’t like that. Lol
Agreed they never remember their first.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Back at my workshop. I slipped out around 9:30 a.m. I'll be back at it this evening at my 'Northern CRP Stand' later. That is where I saw the first group of antlerless deer head this morning, perhaps to their beds for the day. Below is a short 30 second video clip of the young small buck that cruised by right underneath me this morning. He appeared to be on a mission while marching by. Nose to the ground after he past my tree and the PLB. I enjoyed my hunt even though it was a bit gusty out there. More deer action than what I was expecting.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Questioning my sanity sitting all day today. The wind is terrible. Haven’t seen a deer yet and don’t think they will move with this much wind. Was thinking if wind dies down last hour of daylight that they would be on their feet but weather app isn’t clear on when the gusts will stop....only give sustained winds.

Reactions: Fletch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Questioning my sanity sitting all day today. The wind is terrible. Haven’t seen a deer yet and don’t think they will move with this much wind. Was thinking if wind dies down last hour of daylight that they would be on their feet but weather app isn’t clear on when the gusts will stop....only give sustained winds.
What else you gotta do? 😂

Reactions: giles

Bowkills

Nw oh
Wings and beers for a wind delay.....