Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Made it back here by the skin of our teeth. It's been really slow with the acorns dropping, corn still up, bunch of new corn piles around, and plenty of hunting pressure on surrounding properties. Hoping this front has them on the move. Good luck to everyone that's out tonight!

20211018_174043.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I sit here second guessing the stand I chose. Then it hit me: who cares? You went with your gut. It's a beautiful evening. The wind is 75% right for this stand. As @brock ratcliff has said to me "deer are some of the most random creatures known." As @xbowguy says "it only takes a minute." Yep. I'm in a tree and feeling blessed I could change plans on a whim and hop in a stand. Life is good.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Have been settled in for about 45 minutes now. Bumped one doe walking in, and an additional two under these oaks I’m hunting now. Hadn’t even nocked an arrow and a few deer started running straight at me upwind then stopped at 40. Couldn’t tell what they were but they browsed off to the north. Had my jacket half way on when I heard something take off straight to my south, small buck slipped in and busted me. Ran to get down wind of me into the CRP and never blew. Blue jays are making quite the ruckus behind me where I anticipate the deer to come from. Fingers crossed. Never hunted this section of public so we will see. Mature oaks almost 360° around me, gonna have to be lucky for one to get close enough.
image.jpg

whitetailjunky3

I sit here second guessing the stand I chose. Then it hit me: who cares? You went with your gut. It's a beautiful evening. The wind is 75% right for this stand. As @brock ratcliff has said to me "deer are some of the most random creatures known." As @xbowguy says "it only takes a minute." Yep. I'm in a tree and feeling blessed I could change plans on a whim and hop in a stand. Life is good.
Sounds like me wasn’t going to go then played the what if game. Kicked up 2 on way in now second guessing this spot. But sometimes these are the best spots lol.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Exactly! I struggle with that every time.

Reactions: hickslawns

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Saw 4, could have shot them all, but we're horn hunting still. Had one walk right past the blind and it got the girls all sorts of excited it came by so close. I swear it was a buck with no rack based on size, demeanor, and how it was received by the doe that was already feeding at the corn with her twin fawns. Fun hunt for us tonight.