Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Fletch

Supporting Member
@Fletch is your buddy related too George? 😂

Tell him congrats on a nice buck!!! Kudos too you as well for helping him out.
You still going too finish them brakes tonight? 😂
J.... Actually he might be related to Dave.... I look down on the top of his head... He walks right under limbs etc. where I'm always ducking.... I swear he's got a booster seat in his truck.... He was sitting up in his tree at 5 AM. this morning... Started walking in at 4 AM.. To be in the stand an hour and a half before it even starts getting light is a little too much.... Took part of my Dad in to help him today.... I took his old Remington knife with me to gut deer... When the old handle fell off he took a block of aluminum and using a file made a new handle... Note the knife lying on deer with me in pic...
Brakes??? I'll finish them Sun. after the rain moves through... Fronts on done, just gotta do backs....

Attachments

• PXL_20211029_152754306.jpg
    PXL_20211029_152754306.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 124

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
58F7F2CC-753D-4732-80EC-0096FB5CFEEC.jpeg
Got to inside 15 with that guy couldn’t get a hole through the corn where I needed it from a couple rows in. He had a doe and a couple other bucks with him. Got my wind when I went to make probably my last move I needed.
192D17E3-EE34-4D20-B76A-429F02F773C9.jpeg
Caught back up with them in another field. They boogied pretty quick.
Now I’m just standing here covered in mud and wet good times.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
View attachment 138738Got to inside 15 with that guy couldn’t get a hole through the corn where I needed it from a couple rows in. He had a doe and a couple other bucks with him. Got my wind when I went to make probably my last move I needed. View attachment 138739Caught back up with them in another field. They boogied pretty quick.
Now I’m just standing here covered in mud and wet good times.
So so close Stache! Keep on keepin👍🏻

Reactions: JOHNROHIO and Floki

Floki

Stayed out till a little after noon yesterday.. Was soaked to the chest around 10 am.. I was okay just shaking but when me nuts started bouncing it was time to GO 😂 Didn’t see a thing in the evening.

Todays plan almost the same as yesterday’s just sit in a different t spot. South wind here well it’s damn near a south wind here no matter what where I’m at North would be better that’s rare tho.
Best of luck to all. Today’s going to be a perfect day to sit in the woods regardless!👊👍🇺🇸

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Last night in WV was a bust. Things sure have changed in 40 years. When the state bought all this property it was old homesteads and farms. It got thick real quick at the same time as the WV deer explosion. Now it is all big timber and no ground cover. Deer still use it but don’t stay in it. Anyhow, I’m in the stand in a hardwood saddle hoping for some cruising bucks listening to coyotes.

Big brother got his redemption on Gepetto, an old home range buck he’d missed on an early dark rut hunt last season. I’m back in the stand this morning waiting on one of the surrounding giants to slip in and take the territory ol Gepetto Had established near bedding home does. Starting off the season right..

Attachments

• 33BD6070-3C65-4A87-BA7D-E670576EF120.jpeg
    33BD6070-3C65-4A87-BA7D-E670576EF120.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 139

Floki

It’s really really calm here as in not even a leaf is moving. A little warm as well. I don’t care for the really calm days.

Still going to sit it out. Yet I think does are bedded down and it’s going to take them getting bumped to get up at this point.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I dunno just never really liked hunting on a day that’s calm like this. (It doesn’t give me that feeling of shit could happen any minute ya get)

See what happens….. I still can’t hear my wife so it’s a perfect sit !😂😂 👊